Subject: Gencon? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Shrike
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
What do you expect to find behind here, King Kong?
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I go to Gencon every year. Last year I was so excited to pick up Star Trek: Attack Wing from WizKids on Thursday morning. I love that game and this game looks awesome!

I know that the release date in listed as October 1st, but does anyone think we will see a Gencon release? D&D Next is launching so I am hoping this will also.

Andrew! Tell us! laugh

Thoughts anyone?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Humpert
United States
Dillsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
According to the BGG News Blog, Eric Martin did indeed indicate that WizKids is targeting a launch (edit) likely to be showing them off at this year's Gen Con. See this post: New Game Round-up: Magicians Practice Vudù, Robots Rescue Jupiter & Attack Wing Moves from SF to F

I'm also looking forward to checking these out at Gen Con!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Van Biesbrouck
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The article has outdated information (look at the prices). The release date is October for the first wave, so Gen Con release is pretty unlikely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald
United States
New Alexandria
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think we'll see a total release at Gen Con, but having some for sale there isn't out of the question.

If they're shooting for a street date of Oct 1st, everything needs to be on the boat around Sept 1st. Guessing a week to get it to dock from the factory so everything would have to be done by Aug 23rd-ish.

It wouldn't be unreasonable for some packs to be ready early August for Wizkids to air freight them in for Gen Con. It would be expensive as all get out so they wouldn't have everything available; maybe the starter, elf, and ballista, and those in limited quantities. I'd guess 120-240 for the whole con?

When Monsterpocalypse came out, they did something similar. They only have 6(?) out of the 12 monsters, 4 out of 12 buildings and a handful of units available at Gen Con ahead of the October release. MonPoc was blind boosters at the time so it wasn't really noticeable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Shrike
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With the TableTop event for this, are we thinking of a Gencon release yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Coolstuffinc has it listed for preorder:
"Expected Release: October 1, 2014. Date subject to change."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Van Biesbrouck
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CSI's dates are frequently inaccurate, but the release seems to be currently targeting October: http://heroclix.com/downloads/retailer-assets-page/

I suggest just making a preorder large enough to get free shipping that consists of only Wave 1, then you don't really care when it ships.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald
United States
New Alexandria
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Oct 1 date is on the Wizkids website under retail solicitations as well.

VarelseShrike wrote:
With the TableTop event for this, are we thinking of a Gencon release yet?

There only Gen Con events (that I've seen) are two, four man games sponsored by the Geek & Sundry website. They can very easily be using the booth demo pieces with printed out cards & ST:AW dice and rulers. It doesn't mean it won't be there, but I don't think that the two events are proof it will be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Grawan
Germany
Lehrte
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopefully this will be available at Essen...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald
United States
New Alexandria
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wizkids has confirmed booth demos

http://heroclix.com/announcements/road-gen-con-2014/#axzz36m...

Quote:
Want to see which side will emerge victorious in a battle between the Avengers and the X-Men? Then sit down for a demo of Marvel Dice Masters: Avengers vs. X-Men! Want to rule the skies while riding a dragon? Then take a demo of the D&D Attack Wing game. Both of these great games and more will be available for demos throughout the weekend at Gen Con Indy!

but it doesn't really say anything about any being on hand for purchase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Shrike
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At this point I would wager that it will not be for sale. I am a bit surprised. With all the Tyranny of Dragons launch stuff happening, I would think they would get in on it. Weird.

I assume production is not ready.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald
United States
New Alexandria
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AW & the RPG are using the same minis, so the RPG may have been given priority on the production line. Disappointing but not horrible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Shrike
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am going to WizKids he moment the hall opens at Gencon to get the Star Trek Attack Wing cloaked ships. Would have loved to been able to get both in one stop if they were there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.