Hide
6 Posts

Suburbia» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Office of Bureucracy rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carl Schweppe
msg tools
Do people use this? I rarely do, mainly because of the -2 rep, which is pretty big. But it seems like a strategy where you build lots of greens and lots of schools could really benefit from this in terms of keeping up commerce.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Spillman
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The -2 Rep can actually be useful for high income strategies to slow down population growth in order not to cross the population thresholds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
The Meeple Nation Boardgame Podcast - 30 minutes a week!
badge
BGGCon 2015 or Bust
mbmbmbmbmb
If it is an A tile or an early B then the -2 rep isn't an issue or is helpful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheng
Taiwan
Taipei City
n/a
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I like gray tiles. I often win if there's a most gray public goal or private goal.

Office of Bureucracy is a B stack tile, which means the -2 rep is nothing. But since you're usually going for a few gray tile, it can be a strong income engine for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James C
United States
McLean
Virginia
flag msg tools
We often pass on this tile too. In certain situations it's a great tile. Say for instance you picked up a Museum early in the B stack and have a few grays out, if this flips late in the B stack you can take advantage of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler
United States
Gainesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I play with this tile all the time (though I insist on referring to it as the "Department of Redundancy Department" when playing it). It's great if it fits in with a picture that relies on a fair number of gray tiles. Just about the only time I'll pass this up is if I already have a solid economic engine up, or if it is close to the bottom of the B stack, in which case I'm usually already looking to pivot to more reputation-increasing tiles.

It's also a good idea to check out your opponents' situations when this tile comes out. Even if it isn't a great fit for your strategy or style of play, you may want to discard it for an improvement tile or make it a lake if it is going to give a big boost to one of your enemies... er, I mean opponents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.