Arjang Baygan
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
(I posted this in worlds collide's forum as well, since I don't know how the linked forums system really works and I think this is relevant to both games' forums)

I just purchased world's collide, and a couple of days later the reprint of towers of ruin popped up at a local store, and I bought it as well.

Worlds collide is a new game featuring old cards
Towers of ruin is a reprinted slightly older new game, featuring new cards.

Towers of ruin states that the village will have 3 regulars, longspears and torches respectively per player.

Worlds collide says 3 regulars, 2 longspears and 1 torch per player.

AEG official answer is

"Hello Arzang,

You can choose which setup to use, based on which is your primary base set.

-David Trudeau

--
Customer Service
customerservice@alderac.com
909-390-5444

Alderac Entertainment Group
4045 E Guasti Rd Suite 210
Ontario, CA 91760
USA"

Now here's the problem:

If the basic sets are in the same game, and are meant to intermingle, and the expansions are not bound to any particular base game, why would the rules differ? I get that card games are customizable and I can do whatever I want but to me it just sounds like they misprinted in the rulebook and can't correct it with an errata because that would mean worlds collide has too few torches..

tldr:

AEG has a crappy website, IMO a stingy business plan for thunderstone advance and fans so geeky to buy it all (me included) that they dont need to admit to any of this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Brown
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
There is no reason to have two A's at the beginning of aardvark. I simply won't do it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Does it really matter? In the dozen times I've played, only one person has ever purchased a basic card. It was a torch because they didn't have much light. I just toss out a stack so people have the option. Doesn't matter how many are really there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Stiles
United States
Brandon
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Arzang wrote:
Now here's the problem:

If the basic sets are in the same game, and are meant to intermingle, and the expansions are not bound to any particular base game, why would the rules differ? I get that card games are customizable and I can do whatever I want but to me it just sounds like they misprinted in the rulebook and can't correct it with an errata because that would mean worlds collide has too few torches..

There is no problem. The basic cards are not destroyed, they are returned to the village, so that's not an issue. No one really buys basic cards unless you have a really weird random board. I would assume that World's Collide has a different rule b/c after playing they realized not as many are needed in the village. No need to retro the old rules, b/c ... it doesn't matter if you have too many.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is true for basic cards destroyed from your hand however if they are destroyed from the village they are removed from the game. This becomes important because there are some level 3 hero abilities that give you benefit from destroying cards from the village. An example is the Isiri from World Collide. I think they want to limit some of the abilities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arjang Baygan
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
will answer in this thread: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1163951/amount-of-longspears...

same but on worlds collide forum. more active.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.