Hide
9 Posts

Memoir '44: Air Pack» Forums » General

Subject: Air Pack question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Larry Ham
msg tools
Thanks in advance for your help on this. I recently discovered M44 and am really enjoying it. I would really like to incorporate the Air Pack in my expansion collection, but I cannot bring myself to spend 150 bucks for it on line. Can one of you terrific people tell me what I need to download and buy (the rules from DOW I assume) to be able to play the scenarios and get my planes in the air? Thanks again. Looking forward to many years of fun with this awesome game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Glory to Rome!
badge
"Let each man pass his days in that wherein his skill is greatest" Propertius Sextus
mbmbmbmbmb
LarryHam wrote:
Thanks in advance for your help on this. I recently discovered M44 and am really enjoying it. I would really like to incorporate the Air Pack in my expansion collection, but I cannot bring myself to spend 150 bucks for it on line. Can one of you terrific people tell me what I need to download and buy (the rules from DOW I assume) to be able to play the scenarios and get my planes in the air? Thanks again. Looking forward to many years of fun with this awesome game.

For $10, you can buy the scenarios directly from DoW: https://www.daysofwonder.com/buy/?family=MM&groupp=AirPackDL

The Rules are free: http://cdn0.daysofwonder.com/memoir44/en/img/mm_airpack_en.p...

I believe purchasing the scenarios gives you tokens you can print out for some things. You could use small airplane figures, or use Airpack Airplane tokens instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Ham
msg tools
Thanks so much - exactly what I was looking for!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Smith
United States
Kokomo
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could also use aircraft from Wings of Glory: WW2 Airplane Packs as the aircraft minis. They are a bit on the big side but I believe most of what is depicted in the Air Pack are available minis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dave
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
and you'll need a new a $5 deck which includes the Air Sortie cards--this is all you really need (scenario booklet is nice though). I use Axis and Allies planes for my miniatures.

I really like the planes as they add some interesting spice while leaving the awesome regular game intact.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruben Rigillo
Italy
Roma
Rm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How many Air Sortie cards are in this deck/needed to play?
IIRC In the Overlord deck we have 2 already.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clexton27
United States
Forest
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Qwirz wrote:
How many Air Sortie cards are in this deck/needed to play?
IIRC In the Overlord deck we have 2 already.

Actually, if you purchase the Overlord Expansion, it has 4 AIR SORTIE cards in it's deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruben Rigillo
Italy
Roma
Rm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh yes!
I checked it at home.
How many are needed to play with planes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dave
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Qwirz wrote:
Oh yes!
I checked it at home.
How many are needed to play with planes?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.