Subject: Where do guards respawn? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
shumyum
United States
flag msg tools
badge
♒♒♒♒♎♒♒♒♒ sloooowly sinking
I must be blind (and if so, I'll delete this post) but I can't find in the rules or on the "guards respawn" event cards any specific direction as to where the guards respawn.

We played that the player who drew the event card chooses anywhere on the path appropriate to the guard's color as long as there isn't a guard there already. But it could by argued that it should be on a corner space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hyra
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
The rules mention that Guards only patrol along their color-matching path. So when you respawn them, you must place them on a path dot of the same color as the guard.

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
shumyum
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Thanks, that's how we played. We just wondered if they should go on a start space (i.e., a corner). "Anywhere on their path" brings more player interaction so I'm happy with that!

PS VERY cool that you're answering questions here (and so fast!), even if they are nitpicky like this one. Bumping up my rating in thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gallant
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When guards move, do they skip spaces with targets, moving to an open dot? Same thing for respawn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
shumyum
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Targets and guards are on two different kinds of spaces. Targets go on the large square building spaces (same spaces where the assassins move around on) and guards on "guard spaces": the circles between buildings.

Guards DO skip over other guards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hyra
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Cheeseburger wrote:
When guards move, do they skip spaces with targets, moving to an open dot? Same thing for respawn?

You count the spaces other Guards are on, but if a Guard lands on another Guard, then it skips past.

Like John said, Targets don't appear on dots.

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.