Mad Max
msg tools
I let a friend borrow the game and can't remember... Do any of the characters that come in the starter sets also come in the Booster Packs?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Kelso
United States
Prairieville
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The starter characters are in the boosters, but with different abilities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Cherry
Canada
North Bay
Ontario
flag msg tools
Obligitory Smart-Ass Comment Here
badge
Shhhhhhhh!
mbmbmbmbmb
so the characters are, but the starter cards are not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McFarland
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the1jugg wrote:
so the characters are, but the starter cards are not?

Correct. There is an Uncommon for every character in the Starter Box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baz Hemmons
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to make this 100% clear, there are 4 cards available for each of the 8 starter set heroes - 3 of which come in the starter set, and a 4th uncommon which is available to find in the booster packs. Some have pointed out that this makes it a little tricky to acquire max (5) dice for those heroes, hence some of the reasoning for getting 2 of the elusive starter sets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Cherry
Canada
North Bay
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Shhhhhhhh!
mbmbmbmbmb
I really do wish they had produced different artwork for the different versions of the characters (common, uncommon, etc). Would have added a more unique feel to using each version

Although Im guessing that they will have other versions of characters in upcoming sets with newer art, and probably new dice too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Kelso
United States
Prairieville
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The organized play kits that release in June will include alternate art and abilities for characters that are already available. My guess is that the phoenix five version of Colossus and Cyclops might be in the mix.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mad Max
msg tools
So then does that mean there are 4 Character Cards for each Character? Or do only the Starter Characters have 4 cards each?
I was under the impression there were only 3 cards per character in the game.

But, each character has only common dice no matter the rarity of the card... dice are all common and there are no rare dice per character.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baz Hemmons
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Only 4 for the starter heroes, 3 for everyone else.

And yes, the dice don't have rarities, they're the same for each version of their character.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Cherry
Canada
North Bay
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Shhhhhhhh!
mbmbmbmbmb
Moviecouple1995 wrote:
But, each character has only common dice no matter the rarity of the card... dice are all common and there are no rare dice per character.

Its too bad, I would have LOVED me some rare dice!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mad Max
msg tools
Got it. Thanks for the help.

Seems odd though that starter characters have 4 versions and others only have 3. I wonder if they want you to eventually dump the the lowest card for each character in the starter set once you have all 4 versions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baz Hemmons
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nah, I'm guessing it's just because they only wanted to put two of each hero's dice in the starter, so without the 4th card in the boosters the only way to get enough dice for them would be 2 (or even 3) starters, which would be a bit weird. Plus it's a nice little motivator to get people started buying boosters of course. Being in the UK where we don't actually have the game in hand yet, I can't comment for sure, but I doubt the UC booster version of the starter heroes is always the best for that hero by any means.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Campbell
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Related question, how many unique character dice are there? Trying to decide if I want to get picky with my storage box and be able to store each character in it's own compartment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Johnson
United States
Beatrice
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You would need 38 spots for Characters and then a spot for Sidekicks and Basic Actions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger McKay
Canada
Bedford
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the1jugg wrote:
Moviecouple1995 wrote:

And if some of those rare dice are miscut and don't roll fair? Is THAT a plus, too?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Cherry
Canada
North Bay
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Shhhhhhhh!
mbmbmbmbmb
RogMcK wrote:
the1jugg wrote:
Moviecouple1995 wrote:

And if some of those rare dice are miscut and don't roll fair? Is THAT a plus, too?

You mean like getting a miscut card in magic? its all part of the chase. I love dice. And the idea of finding a rare die is more exciting to me than finding a rare card that looks exactly the same as the other cards. thats all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger McKay
Canada
Bedford
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the1jugg wrote:

You mean like getting a miscut card in magic? its all part of the chase. I love dice. And the idea of finding a rare die is more exciting to me than finding a rare card that looks exactly the same as the other cards. thats all.

Sit down with your bucket of quarters and start pulling that lever.

You're an addict.

Now, I don't think adults should be at all restricted in self-destructed behaviours, I do think that gambling should be kept away from minors. Just as tobacco and alcohol are.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Cherry
Canada
North Bay
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Shhhhhhhh!
mbmbmbmbmb
RogMcK wrote:
the1jugg wrote:

Sit down with your bucket of quarters and start pulling that lever.

You're an addict.

Now, I don't think adults should be at all restricted in self-destructed behaviours, I do think that gambling should be kept away from minors. Just as tobacco and alcohol are.

we all have vices. I happen to like the surprise of not knowing whats in the pack. It doesn't make it wrong as long as I play within my limits. I know people who spend money on Ski Lift passes, trips to sunny beaches, or cigarettes. The addict needs to buy another pack. I never mentioned need - I mentioned enjoyment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.