Andrew Johnson
United Kingdom
Derby
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
badge
Challenge the Snowflakes
mbmbmbmbmb
I am seeking general discussion, variants, dream cards, ideas and everything Mythos CCG related from all those interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Peterson
United States
Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have complete sets of the early sets (all except Dreamlands), but I haven't played in years. I'd consider it one of my top 10, maybe even top 5 CCG's.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bolton
England
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
nothing to see here, move along
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With an ebay win this morning, just completed my solo playset of all expansions: 4 of each normal card and 1 of each unique card (except for 2 of each unique monster and event). In addition I also have one of each card in a binder for reference.

Just need to find time to play more.

It was my 5th copy of the rare 'great library of the dreamlands: dylathleen' from the Dreamlands expansion that was the final card to complete the set. Surprisingly New Aeon wasn't so difficult to complete, as complete sets seem to be still available from time to time (more common than for anything other than the standard set). The base sets still have booster boxes available and sealed sets of investigators, but dreamlands not so much these days. I found Dreamlands harder to piece together.

I'm pleased to have what I need to play, even if I don't find anyone else nearby with cards - but I'm partly sad the chase is over. Oh well, there's still those last few elusive Big Guns cards I need for my Tomb Raider Collectible Card Game playset.

Main sources for cards: ebay and here on BGG but took just over 2 years to find all I needed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Johnson
United Kingdom
Derby
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
badge
Challenge the Snowflakes
mbmbmbmbmb
That is quite a collection you have there.
I have one of each card for my collection, then some more cards I play with.
I am presently playing a forum game on this site which has rekindled my interest in both the game and the subject material.
I enjoyed recently completing my collection and was pleased to find it wasn't too difficult to do, with reasonable prices (neither worthless giveaway nor silly unaffordable)
Also, for the first time I am looking very closely at some of the art work which can be, and often is, excellent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
solipsist gaming
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As I mentioned before Andrew, I can't believe there was no Clark Ashton Smith card made. I wonder if perhaps his estate did not allow Chaosium to make it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Johnson
United Kingdom
Derby
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
badge
Challenge the Snowflakes
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I am going to have to add Clarke Ashton Smith to my reading list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
solipsist gaming
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh yes. His prose can be rather colorful and dense, but he really evokes a strange atmosphere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
solipsist gaming
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm reading Dreams in the Witch House now. I'm surprised Chaosium included so many components of that story (Keziah Mason, Brown Jenkin, Nyarlathotep, etc) but didn't have an Adventure for it.

Maybe I will put together a Custom Adventure for the story and post it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Browne
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The probably reason it doesn't have an adventure is that it only has one location. They looked for adventures that would require multiple locations. You can do a custome adventure for it, but you'll either need to make up extra locations for it or have it as a very low Sanity gain adventure as it would be fairly easy to do in Mythos.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Johnson
United Kingdom
Derby
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
badge
Challenge the Snowflakes
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally I would have no problem with very low sanity gain/adventure points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Johnson
United Kingdom
Derby
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
badge
Challenge the Snowflakes
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there anyone who would be interested in playing in any future forum/email games?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
solipsist gaming
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You know I'm up for it.

I was trying to start a "Dead CCG League"; you can read more about it on my blog.

I was also thinking of incentives to get people to try forum play, like Geekgold rewards. The danger there is that seems rather close to gambling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bolton
England
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
nothing to see here, move along
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
infectedeggs wrote:
Is there anyone who would be interested in playing in any future forum/email games?

Possibly. In theory it would be great although I've only ever played solo so may not provide a realistic challenge at first and may need occasional rule help.

How does email play work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
solipsist gaming
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nickbolton wrote:

Possibly. In theory it would be great although I've only ever played solo so may not provide a realistic challenge at first and may need occasional rule help.

Have you been following our Play-By-Forum game going on here on BGG? We're all more interested in building stories than in crushing each other, and we're all rather out of practice since it's been decades since we've played. We help each other with rules as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
solipsist gaming
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Grimstax wrote:
You can do a custome adventure for it, but you'll either need to make up extra locations for it or have it as a very low Sanity gain adventure as it would be fairly easy to do in Mythos.

Returning to the subject of Dreams in the Witch-House: I'm building the Adventure now and it's actually a fairly difficult goal to complete. There are at least three named cards (the Pickman Ave apartment Location, Keziah Mason and Brown Jenkin) and a fourth if you add Nyarlathotep. Keziah and Brown Jenkin are not only Unique cards, but Past allies requiring some specific card plays to get them on the table, with Brown Jenkin having the further restriction of needing Keziah in play or in hand. Couple all that with the fact that an Exotic Location would be very appropriate, based on the story, and I figure it as at least a +10 or so Adventure.

Mythos is a brilliant game, and I think another great aspect is that Chaosium gave us the components (characters, locations, monsters) of some of Lovecraft's stories without the Adventure cards, leaving it up to us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.