Thumb up
3 Posts

Warrior Knights» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Session report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nicholas Hutcheon
flag msg tools
I've played this five times now, and I find it to be a well-constructed game. I especially like the card-based turn structure, which usually minimises downtime. Games with five or six players are a bit long, but the Influence Pool as a timer means that you can prety much customise the length of the game.

A couple of things I noticed as I read... You say you "chose the city of Vecht to be your stornghold". You are supposed to place your strongholds on EMPTY spaces on the board; open or containing razed cities. The stronghold is never placed on an unrazed city space. This basically means that you stronghold will always have 400 strength, unless you have a noble or troops stationed there.

Also, you said you fortified two of your cities when the "Build Fortifications" card came up, but each player may only fortify or repair one city when this card comes up.

Just a couple of play errors that I noticed in your report. The game has a few fiddly rules, but it's important to keep track of them, as it can really change the experience. I also found that a "trial play" is a good way of approaching a new game, especially one like this, with quite a few rules.

Having played this a few times now, I've definitely started to develop strategies. It's important to be aggressive, especially if another player obtains an early lead in the game. Taking a city from them, especially at the end of a round, is the best way to play the game. I've found that turtling is effective, but isn't likely to win you the game. We've never had someone's Stronghold sacked yet, but it seems like the sort of thing that's likely to happen to anyone who really tries to "run away" with the game.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.