Subject: Transport pack X-wing fighter rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Debiec
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi everyone

I'm building a red squadron of X-wings (12) fighters and i would like to utilize the in x-wing in it with different paint scheme, now which pilot should fly that beauty? is it luke or in other words which pilot had similar color scheme?

Thank you
Tom

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael McFarlin
United States
Hainesville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought it was supposed to be Jek Porkins, but I could be mistaken.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric B.
United States
East Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sax11 wrote:
I thought it was supposed to be Jek Porkins, but I could be mistaken.

It's not quite Porkins' Red 6, but it shares the yellow nose. Some very skilled and meticulous folks have apparently devoted a lot of time to determining the paint schemes on the movie models for a New Hope, and from what I've been able to quickly figure out in my "standing on shoulders" couple minutes of research, this is roughly Porkins' color scheme at the time of New Hope:

Red 6

The transport X-Wing is actually sort of close to Wedge's Red 2, with the yellow nose and the red rings around the engines, but Wedge's ship lacks the red stripe up the dorsal front that is found on the transport X-Wing:

As an easy comparison, here's the Transport X-Wing:

I've custom painted X-Wings for Red 1 (Garven), Red 2 (Wedge), Red 3 (Biggs), Red 5 (Luke), and Red 6 (Porkins). I plan to use the X-Wing in the Transport for whenever I'm running Wes, Hobbie, or Tarn, since we don't have any movie-model color schemes to go off of for their ships.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Debiec
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Than you very much sir

Such in depth replay

I think i might go with wedge and change the others like look etc to resemble their ships
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Debiec
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi
Can we see your repaints for the red squadron? are they available on BBG?
Thank you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Beal
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to see the schemes too as I at least want to do reds leader through 5 (only done this one so far)

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric B.
United States
East Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure. Here's my take on Red Squadron. The yellow detailing is really hard to see in these pictures, but that's by design as the yellow parts are generally pretty drab and subtle. Going too bright or stark with either the red or yellow additions made them look like "clown cars" to me, and I had to soften them up quite a bit to get them to a place I was happy with:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Necessary Evil
United States
Glen Arm
Maryland
flag msg tools
Yes, I play the Bass.
badge
Sweet Holy Moses, Fruit F*cker Prime!
mbmbmbmbmb
Those look great!

I considered painting some of my ships.... then i remembered i had no time.Also they are quite small (similar to painting epic 40k) and so i was worried i would mess it all up.

-M

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Beal
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheers

They do look good. I agree the yellow does seem an odd addition to their markings/design

On a good note - the pack in looks whiter than the expansion/core x-wings which is a move in the right direction

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davyd A
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Rik Biel wrote:
Cheers

They do look good. I agree the yellow does seem an odd addition to their markings/design

On a good note - the pack in looks whiter than the expansion/core x-wings which is a move in the right direction

It's been proposed, and I think it makes sense, that the yellow is the remnants of some older markings from before the Rebellion got the ships. After all, it's not like they had time or resources to strip and re-paint every fighter that came their way!

Someone did a repaint of their X-Wings into his guess at those older markings, extrapolating from Wedge's ship. Damned if I can find it now, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Beal
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just looking at my pack in XW now - much nicer more accurate white/pale colouring, unlike the oddly coloured core/expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Clark
United States
Worthington
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RogueThirteen wrote:
Sure. Here's my take on Red Squadron. The yellow detailing is really hard to see in these pictures, but that's by design as the yellow parts are generally pretty drab and subtle. Going too bright or stark with either the red or yellow additions made them look like "clown cars" to me, and I had to soften them up quite a bit to get them to a place I was happy with:

These are amazing! Any chance you'd be willing to post higher res images at a couple different angles?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Machin
Japan
Yokohama
Kanagawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is a link to some of the ones I've painted up, including high-res.

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1162764/custom-paint-red-squ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Firstname Lastname
Singapore
flag msg tools
and this is mine

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Beal
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very similar to mine!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Firstname Lastname
Singapore
flag msg tools
how the heck did you manage to paint on that kind of details on the R2D2!?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
"Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life." ♯ ♩ ♫ ♪ - Beethoven
badge
--------ViSiT--------- ---------------------- DockingBay416.com ---------------------- ------for some------ ---------------------- -------STAR--------- -------WARS-------- --------------------- ------l-o-v-e--------
mbmbmbmbmb
I love customs! Those are all great paint jobs.

Here is my Red 5 standing by...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.