Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Hall
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw this in a B&N store today. I have never seen the base game anywhere, but I guess this would confirm Title recall is better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
smuthertun mcnab
msg tools
I think it's the better version for sure. In other ones, you may have to act out a person's name, which is really hard to do if no one knows them (try acting out "jason"...). It's much easier to act out a word in a movie/book/TV show title that people don't know. Bought a copy and haven't seen it reprinted in a while, so if you see this version you should definitely buy it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David F
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
Luck in games, in measured doses, is the catalyst which enables shocking game-changers that you'll remember and talk about forever.
badge
Let the Lord of Chaos rule.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not convinced. I tried Title Recall out since everybody who played Title Recall seemed to prefer it but it seems to fall flat so far. It's a little too easy now, and Rounds 2 and 3 seem much more anti-climactic because you can easily find some way to go around the initial concept. Base seemed to result in more 'out-there' associations and hilarious impersonations in Round 3 precisely because celebrities are hard and you're forced to overcome it, not 'break the answer down into 3 words, first word...".

I'm switching back to Deluxe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.