United States
La Jolla
California
flag msg tools
Woot!
badge
I have overtext!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not playing Jinteki and Criminal right now, so Honor and Profit, while it will add a couple things to my decks, isn't shaking things up for me personally too much. When I create my decks, I start with the strategies that my opponents will play, and think about how to counter those. My current Stronger Together deck, for example, is 100% a Criminal trolling deck. I rarely lose to criminal, and when I do it's because of a mistake I made (my last two criminal loses came from poor ice placement when I had the game pretty much locked up.) I usually get behind early but come back and criminal is locked out of all servers without an enormous expenditure of money, I don't think much is going to change for this deck with H&P. I've only been hit with Account Siphon once in recent memory (and I had so much money at the time it didn't even matter).

My runner deck is not as great and could stand to change (or maybe be scrapped) which is the purpose of this post. Since everyone and their mother is going to be playing Jinteki in the coming weeks, I want to come up with the ulitmate Jinteki troll deck. Any ideas?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad McGown
United States
Pittsburg
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could go a lot of different ways, but the most important thing is to remember that "Indexing" is Jinteki's worst enemy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Trundle
msg tools
mb
bm_eagle wrote:
You could go a lot of different ways, but the most important thing is to remember that "Indexing" is Jinteki's worst enemy.

Recurring Deus X shuts down a lot of Jinteki's better tools, as well. =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Frisk
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
MIND|GAMES
mbmbmbmbmb
Pro contacts, net shield, dues ex, levy ar lab access.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Berton
Canada
flag msg tools
Keyhole also hurts Jinteki a lot. As will Security Testing, the new Criminal resource.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Charlton
United Kingdom
East Barnet
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
www.finchleygamesclub.org
mbmbmbmbmb
theodorelogan wrote:
When I create my decks, I start with the strategies that my opponents will play, and think about how to counter those.

So what strategies are your opponents going to play now the new cards are out? You can't just assume everyone will ignore the set and stick with the old decks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Angell
msg tools
YOLO medtech rush with 6 3 pointers, mushin no shin, overwriters and secretaries seems pretty trolly to me. just pretend to look disappointed when they get the deus ex

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stan Adecla
United States
New York
flag msg tools
strundle wrote:
bm_eagle wrote:

Recurring Deus X shuts down a lot of Jinteki's better tools, as well. =)

That's because lots of people for some reason don't want to play Hokusai Grid. Also, operation economy doesn't help. You want a steady stream of credits. Not really explosive "look at this bawss hand of traps" money. Every asset and upgrade a runner trashes is money taken away from re-installing Deus X. Yagura in front of a money making asset like PAD Campaign is silly. Then put a Sundew and Hokusai Grid behind the Yagura when they trash it. Draw up while your assets are active, and put new shit down everywhere without worrying about income.

The ice and upgrades in a Jinteki deck need to supply the pins and needles. Not the agendas, not the pricey Snares!. If you have enough instances of smaller net damage in your ice, you can definitely run the runner ragged if you force them to deal with economy assets and Hokusai enough. Also, Chum and some small yet strong ice can eat up Deus X constantly early in the game.

I also think Jinteki now, especially with Honor and Profit being a thing, has the ability to make Edge of World a great card. There isn't a need for Cerebral Overwriter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Hager
United States
Leesburg
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tberton wrote:
Keyhole also hurts Jinteki a lot. As will Security Testing, the new Criminal resource.

I think keyhole hurts worse than Indexing, as you can do it more often and, if need be, take out those snares and NAPD contracts and Fetal AI's

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
Indexing is Jinteki's worst enemy? Nisei MK II counter is Jinteki's best friend...

along with Caprice...

Love Hokusai on R&D when they Keyhole, because they aren't accessing and still get net damaged.

We don't have as many weaknesses as many would have you believe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Sorry, I know it's not what this thread is for, but can I PLEASE ask for a post (or thread) with your ST decklist? ST is so commonly slated as an ID, andI'm just really abnormally happy to see someone having success with it especially against Criminal, which is mostly still the dominant faction.

So, back on topic:

I want to say just go all-out on net-damage prevention, but I don't think Jinteki is going to be as reliant on pure net damage any more. I'd advise probably hand-size increases (to counter brain damage, Chairman Hiro and Gyri Labyrinth) along with Feedback Filter, Deus Ex and Net Shield.

Alternatively: Keyhole, Indexing, and Singularity are going to keep you safe from (almost) every trap you might see. Consider Data Dealer for dealing with Shu Kyu (spelling?) and Unregistered S&W for getting rid of pesky Nisei clones or Chairman Hiro himself. If you're going to shoot the Chairman, you might also want Record Reconstructor t put him back on R&D so you can go back and steal it on another turn

Hmm, cards from every faction there... have fun choosing which one to take!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Perry
United States
La Jolla
California
flag msg tools
Woot!
badge
I have overtext!
mbmbmbmbmb
CommissarFeesh wrote:
Sorry, I know it's not what this thread is for, but can I PLEASE ask for a post (or thread) with your ST decklist? ST is so commonly slated as an ID, andI'm just really abnormally happy to see someone having success with it especially against Criminal, which is mostly still the dominant faction.

So, back on topic:

I want to say just go all-out on net-damage prevention, but I don't think Jinteki is going to be as reliant on pure net damage any more. I'd advise probably hand-size increases (to counter brain damage, Chairman Hiro and Gyri Labyrinth) along with Feedback Filter, Deus Ex and Net Shield.

Alternatively: Keyhole, Indexing, and Singularity are going to keep you safe from (almost) every trap you might see. Consider Data Dealer for dealing with Shu Kyu (spelling?) and Unregistered S&W for getting rid of pesky Nisei clones or Chairman Hiro himself. If you're going to shoot the Chairman, you might also want Record Reconstructor t put him back on R&D so you can go back and steal it on another turn

Hmm, cards from every faction there... have fun choosing which one to take!

Here is the deck, for those interested.

http://netrunnerdb.com/en/decklist/4807/stronger-together-tr...

It's had a few changes over the months. The most effective change (that I made this weekend) was to switch out the Adonis Campaigned for Eve campaigns. I've tried Grndl Refineries, which were good masquerading as 5/3 but I've found that Caprise has been a better use of the influence.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.