Subject: How many cards to bring to a game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James

Brooklyn Park
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am unclear... is it 4 heroes/items and 2 actions... or 6 heroes/items and 2 actions...

Many thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Johnson
United States
Beatrice
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tournament teams are 8 character/action 20 dice 2 basic actions 20 life.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cox
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are doing the Standard Sealed/Constructed Hybrid format:

Players bring 2 Basic Action cards (with Basic Action Dice) and players bring 4 Character/Action cards each with 3 dice each or MAX dice (whichever is less).

You will then purchase 10 booster packs and build your team.

See this document on DiceMasters.com that explains it all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Fuller
United States
Phenix City
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Everyone seems locked in to the idea you must bring 8 characters to play tournaments. Put the rules clearly say "up to 8" which to me means fewer is fine. It also, if you choose, allows you to cost out the dice more strategically- 20 dice over 8 characters spread thin, less so over 6, and with only 5 characters everyone gets a play set but you get less options for abilities.

I'm I crazy to think this is how is should work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Major Havok
United States
Niles
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Geesh, I just had a discussion over this in a game an hour ago. Sucked bringing out 8 characters because it's my Avengers team and I want the full 5 dice on Hulk, Thor, etc. Other player was arguing I had to field 8 and every character required at least 1 die. Sounded reasonable at the time, but I hadn't revisited the rule book yet. The "up to" language should be pretty settled then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Johnson
United States
Beatrice
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It'll be interesting to see how tournament teams play out. Will they max on characters to have options or max out dice on certain characters to have a more streamlined team? I think this also good for those getting into the game. You don't need the 20 dice 8 characters to play in a tournament. Bring what you have and have fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malte Hue
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For tournaments i can see people using 8 characters, but including some "dummies", on which they put 1 die and only have them to use their global (or in some cases as a hard counter to a OP-strategy).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mads l. brynnum
Denmark
2400 Kbh. NV
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Do the dice you bring for your basic action cards count towards the 20 allowed dice or do you in fact bring 26?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Fuller
United States
Phenix City
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is "up to 8" characters- you can bring less but not more. And the number of dice for these characters is locked in by the number of life you have. So in a tournament rule match you can only have 20 life which gives you only 20 character dice to divide up among your team. This is where the economy of the game comes into play- do you bring the full 8 characters where you're only able to get a few dice (down to a minimum of 1) on some of the characters or do you bring fewer characters so each one can have the playset of 3-4 (or 5 in rare cases) dice?

I tend to judge it on the character cost I'm bringing. If most of my characters are in the 2-5 cost range I only bring 5 to 6 characters. If I want to bring 6 or 7 cost characters I may bring along a few other cheaper characters so I can get to the big guys faster but I usually only put 2-3 dice on them.

And the sidekick dice and the basic action dice do not count as part of your overall dice count. So in a tournament match you bring 34 dice - 8 sidekicks, 6 (3 of two colors) basic actions, and the 20 character dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.