Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Heise
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone, here's a list small tweaks, fixes, and errata for the v2.2 cards as I and others continue to play the game, so I wanted to create a place to keep track of them and share them. Many of these changes will likely be incorporate into the next version, but since I don't know when the next version will be released I wanted to have a list of the latest card info for those who already own a copy of the cards. Some of these changes I've pretty much confirmed, others are proposed changes. Feedback and alternate ideas are welcome!

The other purpose of this post is as a place to discuss cards that might need some fixing, balancing, or clarification, as well as to propose new card ideas. If you have an concept or an idea for a new card, please post it here!

I'll update this post regularly with new info as it comes in.

BTD v2.2 ERRATA
[Last Updated 4/30/2014]

v2.2 Card Balance Tweaks (CONFIRMED)

Units
- Loki (Hellbringer): Now has Active Probe ability (+1 Card when your opponent deploys a Mech or Vehicle unit) in addition to ECM ability.
- Centurion: Cost increased from 3 to 4.
- UrbanMech: City Fighter ability changed to if your opponent has two or more Infantry units in his deployment zone.

Support/Resource/Reaction
- High Command: Cost increased from 4 to 5.
- LosTech Cache: Can no longer be used to gain a Resource card.
- Headshot!: Cost reduced from 4 to 2.
- Assassination: Changed to "...If you do, that Support card is played with no effect and your opponent gets +1 Card and +1 Action, then you may draw a card."
- Guerrilla Warfare: Changed to "..If the $$ cost of the card is equal to or less than the number of units in your opponent's deployment zone..."

Allegiances
- House Davion: Military Acumen ability now limited to max 2 extra cards per turn.

v2.2 Card Balance Tweaks (PROPOSED)

UNITS
- Thor (Summoner): Change Death From Above ability to scrap the opposing unit when used, rather than damaging it. (DFA is underpowered as it is, but is this going too far?)

SUPPORT/REACTION/RESOURCE
- Stolen Technology: Reduce cost from 4 to 3, gained Resource card is gained normally (discard pile) instead of being placed into your hand.
- Tactical Nuke: Change "rounded down" to "rounded up".

v2.2 Card Revisions

UNITS
- Masakari (Warhawk): ER-PPCs ability revised to "... If you do, your opponent must scrap a card immediately from his hand, top of his draw deck, or deployment zone (his choice)."

- Scrap for Parts: Discarding a Unit card from your hand to gain a Unit card is now optional ("You may discard a Unit card from your hand. If you do,...").

New Card Ideas

UNITS

Victor VTR-9S
Unit-Mech, Cost 6
Att2/Def2
Jump Jets: When you deploy this unit, your opponent must damage a unit costing 6 or more.

Cataphract CTF-3D NEW
Unit-Mech, Cost 6
Att3/Def2
No special ability

Stalker STK-5S NEW
Unit-Mech, Cost 6
Att4/Def2
Poor Heat Management: When you Overrun your opponent, place this unit on top of your draw deck.

Blackhawk (Nova) NEW
Unit-Mech, Cost 4+1T
AttX/Def1
Laser Barrage: At the start of your Combat phase, +1 Card, then reveal and discard a card from your hand. X = the industry cost of the revealed card.

Puma (Adder) NEW
Unit-Mech, Cost 3+1T
Att3/Def1
Targeting Computer: +1 Card when your opponent damages a Mech.

Mobile HQ
Unit-Vehicle, Cost 5
Att0/Def0
Tactical Command: Draw 2 extra cards during your Clean-Up phase. Discard down to 5 cards in your hand at the start of your turn.
Leaked Plans: If this unit is damaged or scrapped, your opponent may immediately draw 2 cards.

Ammo Truck
Unit-Vehicle, Cost 4
Att0/Def0
Frontline Resupply: +1 Card when you deploy a Mech or Vehicle card.
Raided Supplies: If this unit is damaged or scrapped, your opponent gains this card instead.

Armored Personnel Carrier NEW
Unit-Vehicle, Cost 3
Att0/Def1
Mobile Infantry: When you deploy this unit, you may reveal your hand OR the top 4 cards of your draw deck. Deploy up to two Infantry units revealed in this way (does not cost an Action).

Combined Arms Tactics NEW
Support-Attack, Cost 3
+1 Card. Draw an additional card per unit type in your deployment zone. If you have three or more different types of units in your deploymnent zone, your opponent must damage a unit. (The unit types are Mech, Vehicle, and Infantry.)

Viscous Brawl NEW
Support-Attack, Cost 4
Your opponent must damage X units, where X equals the number of Mechs in your deployment zone costing 6 or more that do not contain LosTech in its cost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Heise
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A few new card ideas added, plus a rework of an previous one. These cards are more attack/militaristic in nature.

- Cataphract
- Stalker
- Blackhawk/Nova
- Puma/Adder
- Armored Personnel Carrier (reworked)
- Combined Arms Tactics
- Viscous Brawl
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
F E
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there any cards that are easily confirmed as being changes in a future version? I could just make the changes with a marker or something for currently existing cards.

As far as the new cards go, do you have any images/a place to download the new ones (as well as the changed ones, for printing, if possible)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Heise
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the Balance Tweaks are essentially confirmed and I have new cards drafted, but I haven't posted them yet. I'll put them up within the next few days and share the link when I do. I'll also see if I can put up draft versions of the new cards too (not playtested).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
F E
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

I must say, I'm impressed with all the changes made, as well as the new cards. Good stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
F E
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any chance of getting the rest of new cards up soon? I don't need images, just names and effects if that'd make it go smoother.

Also, do you happen to have a blank card face for units/actions/resources? I could try my hand at poorly photoshopping the new additions to be printed.

Ideally would like to be able to get them made/printed up for playing/testing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Heise
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
febgg wrote:
Any chance of getting the rest of new cards up soon? I don't need images, just names and effects if that'd make it go smoother.

Also, do you happen to have a blank card face for units/actions/resources? I could try my hand at poorly photoshopping the new additions to be printed.

Ideally would like to be able to get them made/printed up for playing/testing.

Yes and yes. I'll try to do it this weekend. Feel free to PM me if you don't see anything posted... life's been busy lately and I've been getting easily distracted. Thanks for your patience!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Heise
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
F E, here is what you asked for (hopefully).

New/Revised v2.3 cards: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1VkMJotxpbPU3hXZU9rOWJBdGs...

Blank card templates: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1VkMJotxpbPZnAwRlZNX1RVc0k...

Let me know if you need anything else!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
F E
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's EXACTLY what I was looking for. I really appreciate it man, thanks! Time to get these printed out and played.

I did notice one minor thing though, and it's that you have an extra Ammo Truck and are missing a copy of the Armored Personnel Carrier card on your new card sheet.

I hate to ask, but is there any chance you could fix that? You seem to have this font and formatting stuff down to a science, and it would probably be easier/turn out better if you did it as opposed to I. XD

But yeah, thanks again. As someone who loves having complete collections of things, this certainly helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Heise
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whoops! My mistake. I've updated the file with the missing card. (same link as above)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
F E
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thumbsup Thanks!

Edit: I'm trying to add the cards to PrinterStudio, and for some reason they don't seem to be importing properly. Well, they'll import fine, but the image won't properly fit insider the dotted red lines, a lot of it is left out.

I noticed that the resolutions of the new cards are 546x832 as opposed to the 927x1299 resolution of the older cards.

I'm going to try resizing the new cards to be larger, hopefully I'll find some dimensions which work (and don't have bad quality), but in the meantime I was wondering if you had any ideas/tips as to how to make them import more properly into PrinterStudio.

Edit2: I also notice that the older cards appear to have a thicker black border as opposed to the new ones. Perhaps that has something to do with it.\

Edit3: I got it working well enough, all I had to do was make a few copies of the older cards, and crop the new ones onto them. When I get finished doing this process for all the new/v2.3 changed cards, I'll try and get them uploaded so other people don't have to do it. XD

Edit 4: Looking over all the blank cards, I realized that there isn't a support-reaction card that has LostTech as part of the cost. Not important, just interesting to note. There also isn't a Support-resource card that costs LostTech.

Edit5: This is working, but the card quality is very poor... Upscaling everything in paint doesn't look so well. If I had photoshop I might be able to sharpen/whatnot the cards, not sure. soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Heise
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahhhh I didn't realize you wanted to use these cards for PrinterStudio! There's some additional steps that I do in order to make individual jpegs of the proper size and resolution for PS... the ppt files I uploaded were intended for DIY printing. Sorry for all you troubles. If you don't mind waiting a couple more days, I can convert these cards to jpegs for you.

And yes, I didn't make a template for reactions or resources that cost LosTech cause I was feeling lazy, lol... but I can make these too if you need them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
F E
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh man, I would love it if you could make those cards; At this point though I would feel horrible asking! You've made so many and done so much already. :3

That said, if you could do it I would appreciate it. I have no problem waiting however long it would take. I would love to get the highest quality of these cards I could before printing.

As far as the template for LostTech reaction/resource cards, I don't need those, I was just pointing out (mostly to myself) that none existed so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Heise
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No problem, I'll make the jpegs of the new cards as soon as I can. Not today and not tomorrow, though. Hopefully before the weekend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Walsh
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
I buy science fiction/fantasy book collections in MD/DC/VA. GeekMail me.
badge
I buy science fiction/fantasy book collections in MD/DC/VA. GeekMail me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Scott,

FYI, I don't see graphics on the vehicles. I can always just make pasteups, but I wanted to let you know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Heise
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
havoc110 wrote:
Scott,

FYI, I don't see graphics on the vehicles. I can always just make pasteups, but I wanted to let you know.

Hi Donald, good to hear from you! Yeah, I haven't selected artwork for those cards yet. It's tough to find good non-mech artwork that fits the BattleTech art style. I'm open to any recommendations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
F E
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not the most familiar with the Battletech universe, but here are some options. They're not colored, but given that they're new cards, all vehicles+non-combative, I think it kind of works;

Edit: With artist's permission of course.

Mobile HQ
Artist: Duane Loose
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/File:MobileHQ.JPG

Wheeled APC art
Artist: Stephen Huda
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_kHw2VVTQbyg/TKVkxS7dOqI/AAAAAAAAAf...

Ammo Truck
Artist: Stephen Huda / Karl Olsen
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-2Q6q7V86gH0/TkCx6w7TQII/AAAAAAAAAy...
(I'm a fan of the right version)

Also, as an aside; The support card "Convoy" appears to use the following art, but this version is much higher quality:
http://www.christrevas.com/portfolio_archive/portfolio/bat_t...

Not sure if that's useful at all, but higher quality cards is always good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Heise
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
febgg wrote:

I actually had used this artwork in some very early drafts of BTD, but had forgotten about it! Thanks for the reminder.

febgg wrote:
Wheeled APC art
Artist: Stephen Huda
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_kHw2VVTQbyg/TKVkxS7dOqI/AAAAAAAAAf...

Ammo Truck
Artist: Stephen Huda / Karl Olsen
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-2Q6q7V86gH0/TkCx6w7TQII/AAAAAAAAAy...
(I'm a fan of the right version)

It's too bad these aren't in color, as I like the art style. I'll use them as a placeholder until we can find something in color to replace them with.

febgg wrote:
Also, as an aside; The support card "Convoy" appears to use the following art, but this version is much higher quality:
http://www.christrevas.com/portfolio_archive/portfolio/bat_t...

Not sure if that's useful at all, but higher quality cards is always good.

I'll make the switch! Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Heise
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I should have the jpegs of the new/updated cards ready tomorrow.

I'm also working on a potential major new change to the combat mechanic and victory/endgame game conditions (BTD v3.0), which I'm very interested in getting feedback on. The goal is to rework the combat without having to change the cards themselves (so fear not if you already have a set of BTD cards). Look for a new post on it sometime in the upcoming week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Heise
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jpegs of the new/revised cards for v2.3 have been uploaded to my Google drive, same link as before: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1VkMJotxpbPU3hXZU9rOWJBdGs...

EDIT: Fixed the link
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
F E
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Many thanks for the new/revised uploads of the cards. Going to get these printed out+shipped.

Also, I'm very curious as to what this new combat mechanic change could be; Looking forward to giving it a go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.