Thomas Briët
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Is it possible to implement a function that users can upload an image when adding a new version of a game?

Now the procedure is you first have to upload the image, then it needs to be approved (which sometimes take some time) and then when it is approved you can add the new version. This usually takes about two days to complete.

Wouldn't it be easier to combine these functions so i only have to add the new version including the cover image and the admins only have to check this instead of the image and the version apart from each other?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nothing says "I love you" like a new dice bag
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
the admins only have to check this instead of the image and the version apart from each other?

Hi Thomas,

It would make sense if both images and versions were reviewed by admins. But images go through geekmod, which is a community voting process, and version entries are reviewed by admins.

http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/GeekMod
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Briët
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I didn't realize this was seperated from each other.
Thanks for your answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also add version first. Then when it is approved I add the images. That way I can specify the version for the image as part of the process of uploading it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nothing says "I love you" like a new dice bag
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
herace wrote:
I also add version first. Then when it is approved I add the images. That way I can specify the version for the image as part of the process of uploading it.

On my end, it is generally more helpful to have the image uploaded first, and then you can put the image id in the version submission form so it gets linked when the version is approved. I can see the image, see how it's different from other versions, and it won't become an orphaned image-less version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.