Roberto Di Meglio
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Ares Games just announced the "season 2" Kickstarter for Galaxy Defenders,to be launched at the end of May:
http://www.aresgames.eu/11957
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Brugnoni
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Power Suits FTW!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Highlord Tamburlaine
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I need this.

Hopefully we get to see some more agent choices in the mix.

I'd be game for some more alien allies.

Maybe we can see some multi- hex pieces as well?

I hope we still see those giant worms that the gremlins teased about at the end of the first campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone Romano
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
illiterate bookworm wrote:
I need this.

Hopefully we get to see some more agent choices in the mix.

I'd be game for some more alien allies.

Maybe we can see some multi- hex pieces as well?

I hope we still see those giant worms that the gremlins teased about at the end of the first campaign.

You will be not disappointed cool

You will see all these things and much much more!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very exciting! Can't wait for the Kickstarter to see the full details.

Not that I needed more to do in this game; if only my wife hadn't hijacked my card table for a sewing project, I'd have finally played Mission 6 this weekend!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The alien in that image looks suspiciously like Garrus from Mass Effect, which has me all kinds of excited.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin C
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kittenhoarder wrote:
The alien in that image looks suspiciously like Garrus from Mass Effect, which has me all kinds of excited.

Garrus was my best bro in Mass Effect. Of course, if he's now working for the aliens he will have to die.

Now if there's a 5th column of aliens rebelling against their overlords and Garrus (or a suspiciously similar looking Garrus-like alien) is one of them, that would be quite awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone Romano
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
siljanus wrote:
kittenhoarder wrote:

Garrus was my best bro in Mass Effect. Of course, if he's now working for the aliens he will have to die.

Now if there's a 5th column of aliens rebelling against their overlords and Garrus (or a suspiciously similar looking Garrus-like alien) is one of them, that would be quite awesome.

Who knows... cool

It will be great having the help an alien agent... even better with some psionic powers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I do have some questions, just so I can prepare mentally for the campaign...

1) Will the two expansions be offered separately? Will a backer who pledges for just one of the expansions be eligible for stretch goals applying to that expansion?

2) Will the total cost of both expansions be closer to the cost of the base game, less or more?

3) Could somebody play the second expansion without owning the first, or are they part of a linked campaign?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just finished a re play of Xcom Unknown.

This announcement pushed me into going out for Within.
Love this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Hammer
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kittenhoarder wrote:

1) Will the two expansions be offered separately? Will a backer who pledges for just one of the expansions be eligible for stretch goals applying to that expansion?

2) Will the total cost of both expansions be closer to the cost of the base game, less or more?

3) Could somebody play the second expansion without owning the first, or are they part of a linked campaign?

I'm interesting in the answers to these questions too. I'd also like to ask if there will be any EU/UK shipping options available as the cost of shipping virtually doubled the price of the original game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone Romano
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
kittenhoarder wrote:

Hi agents,

I can answer only to the game related questions for now

So the answer for the question number 3 is:
Yes you could play the second expansion alone, is chronologically set after the first expansion, but it can be done cool and even then, play the first expansion will be great anyway

About the KS settings, they are not completely defined, but i know for sure that it will be easy to follow, there are a lot of cool ideas to realise. For the shipping costs, i'm sure Ares will find the right balance to manage them.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Lloyd
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
badge
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome, can't wait. I have been enjoying this game alot.

Peace
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shakka
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Will some exclusives of the first kickstarter be available?

Not free, but as a paid addon?

I really hope so, as ebay f***s us gamers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hero Guy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ropya wrote:
Just finished a re play of Xcom Unknown.

This announcement pushed me into going out for Within.
Love this game.

Sorry to get off topic, but X-Com: Enemy Within takes the game to a whole other level. It is awesome even though much of it is just a facelift for Enemy Unknown. But they added just enough new stuff and a few new additions to the original storyline that it feels like a sequel rather than a 1.5 vers.

I'm hoping that Earth Strikes Back will be similar.

I would love to see an option to 'carry over' characters from the original campaign into this new one as well. Not just being able to play Thorium in both versions, but rather I finished the GD campaign with Thorium at Paladium level, and I can now use him in the ESB campaign and either start with all/most of his tactics and skills or get a perk or two depending on what level the character was at the end of the previous campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shakalaka wrote:
Will some exclusives of the first kickstarter be available?

Not free, but as a paid addon?

I really hope so, as ebay f***s us gamers.

The over stock of some of the exclusives are still available.
One of of the recent updates had info n it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Alves
Portugal
Setubal
Setubal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have some questions.

At the end of the 1st campaign of the core game, The agents save the Earth from alien invansion and they're well equipped with improved tactics, skills, improved and alien weapons collected during the missions. How can we use these agents in the next project "The Earth strikes back"? There any possibility to use them, there will be more room to raise their levels higher?

The new expansion brings new agents genetically modified. It looks that the new agents may be better twice times than the agents of the core set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shakka
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wasnt in the kickstarter :'( Anyone can help me out to get the exclusives still available?

Are the heroes?

PM pls and sorry for offtopic

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone Romano
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
BGFreakDag2PT wrote:
I have some questions.

At the end of the 1st campaign of the core game, The agents save the Earth from alien invansion and they're well equipped with improved tactics, skills, improved and alien weapons collected during the missions. How can we use these agents in the next project "The Earth strikes back"? There any possibility to use them, there will be more room to raise their levels higher?

The new expansion brings new agents genetically modified. It looks that the new agents may be better twice times than the agents of the core set.

Yes, your agent becomes more powerful and you have the possibility to restat your rank benefits, at some point your agent will be also able to use tactics without spend the Action cool

The new agents genetically modified are... cloned to help you...

You are no longer alone in this war (and this is a great power up for the game mechanism)

STAY TUNED cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hero Guy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm..sounds like this game will have a larger squad based combat system. Wonder how that is going to work...

Can't wait for this KS to go live so we can get a closer look at all of the new mechanics!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolyo Kostov
Bulgaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Something like a wishlist for the expansions:

I would like all the missions to be playable with 1-5 agents - if I start playing with 1-2 agents, for example, to be able to play through the whole campaign with that number not needing to add more.

Would be happy to be implemented additional fixed uprade rules, not dependent on luck - something like kill two monsters to get a GD-wings.

The random weapon draw in reinforcement phase seem unnecessary at this point. Less luck, more choice is better for me here. Maybe the random draw will matter if there is great weapon variety (I mean for a single agent). Yeah, we need more weapons!

I like the map tiles and the easter eggs are fun, but sometimes is hard to look at the playing area - I would like less busy and cleaner map layout.

Putting the wall pieces on the alien ship maps seem extra work - these maps could be made in a way to avoid this extra fiddliness in my opinion. Cleaner and less fiddly map setup will be most welcomed.

And maybe new easy mode alien cards to replace the green or blue army cards to reduce the difficulty, especially with small number of agents in play. Or some other rules to modify the difficulty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chase Toffee
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will this project be EU Friendly? (Shipping and customs?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Di Meglio
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the project will be EU friendly. Just like our first GD Kickstarter, we will ship out of Germany to EU customers (and other European non-EU customers), and out of the USA to America and Asia.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trev
Australia
St Kilda
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cybernex wrote:
Yes, the project will be EU friendly. Just like our first GD Kickstarter, we will ship out of Germany to EU customers (and other European non-EU customers), and out of the USA to America and Asia.

Roberto, My understanding is that it is cheaper to ship out of Germany to places like Australia.

Could you please compare the shipping options to the rest of the world, including Australia, from Germany and the USA and offer the cheapest option.

Also please consider offering 6 packs (perhaps in combination with the base game) or similar as this can make shipping to places like Australia a viable option.

Good luck with the Kickstarter!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaret Morgan
United States
West Henrietta
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Will any left over exclusives stock from the first kickstarter possibly be available for purchase for the second? I missed out on the first and would love to have a shot at some of those.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.