Subject: "Flamin' Hot Cheetos Burrito?" What fresh hell is this? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
Life lesson: Hamsters are NOT diswasher safe.
badge
There are 10 types of people-- those who understand binary, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
Why is there raw hamburger with green chilies on top of cooked hamburger and liquid cheese?
This is all kinds of wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Great Googly Moogly it's
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I used to be addicted to the hokey pokey, but then I turned myself around.
mbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
There's a Taco John's near my house and I saw a sign outside for this today.

I guess Taco John's was tired of Taco Bell getting all the press for its Tacos made of Doritos. (Or rather, one large Dorito.) So they came up with this.

I'm having very mixed emotions.
IS it cooked? My emotions are not mixed, it looks like something I would not give a much loathed dog.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
...but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind,
badge
...and reaching forth unto those things which are before,...
mbmbmb
This is why I have a seat belt installed on my toilet. Safety first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Great Googly Moogly it's
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I used to be addicted to the hokey pokey, but then I turned myself around.
mbmbmb
tickmanfan wrote:
This is why I have a seat belt installed on my toilet. Safety first.

This is why I always double knot my sneakers. Nothing worse than being launched into the backyard without my shoes on. The dogs poop back there! gulp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
AAGH! YOU'RE TOUCHING ME!
mbmbmbmbmb
Taco John's is not related to Taco Bob's.

That's the kind of mistake that causes a fight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Britten
United Kingdom
Newark
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MABBY wrote:
Why is there raw hamburger with green chilies on top of cooked hamburger and liquid cheese?
This is all kinds of wrong.

That gave me the idea of a steak tartare burrito...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeff
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Having had the experience of eating an entire bag of Flaming Hot's I can honestly say this has the potential to be very painful the next day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeff
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
I would probably try one of these if I wasn't in a "no carb" phase right now. "Flamin' Hot" Cheetos are pretty good. I just don't like how they turn your mouth day-glo red.

It's not the day-glo red mouth that bothers/concerns me it's the day-glo red...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Norris
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
...and J-Pop too!!!!
badge
Raina rocks!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I just shat my pants in preperation for what is to come.

Count me out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Capps
United States
Milan
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:

I guess Taco John's was tired of Taco Bell getting all the press for its Tacos made of Doritos. (Or rather, one large Dorito.) So they came up with this.

My wife and I have both worked at Taco Bell is the past, my insights:

It looks more like they are competing with the tacos that have flaming Fritos in them. Since Taco Bell still only makes those during special seasons even though they outsell other promotional tacos by over 300% AND outsell many of their other tacos it looks like these guys stepped in to try and fill a demand.

P.S. Did you know some Taco Bell places will sell you packages of their tortillas if you ask? it's simply glorious.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Capps
United States
Milan
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
Capps wrote:
P.S. Did you know some Taco Bell places will sell you packages of their tortillas if you ask? it's simply glorious.

I did not know this! surprise

I really don't see why the Doritos taco shell isn't broadly available. (Is it?)

Also, I guess this is part of a larger trend. Subway also has a sandwich that comes with Fritos on it. So here's three different franchises that have now teamed up with Frito-Lay for fast-food alchemy and cross-promotion.

So what's next in this trend? How about Pizza Hut making a Sausage, Green Pepper and Funyun™ pizza?

I don't think that shell is readily available. And oddly enough bot of the places my wife and I worked in desperate towns barely sell any actually. It could have been a regional thing somehow though but a lot of people there didn't even like them.

It is interesting to see lots of places doing this now. I also admit I'd buy that pizza just to try it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
flag msg tools
All my sins are of omission
badge
The kung fu hippie from Gansta City
mbmbmbmbmb
Capps wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:

My wife and I have both worked at Taco Bell is the past, my insights:

It looks more like they are competing with the tacos that have flaming Fritos in them. Since Taco Bell still only makes those during special seasons even though they outsell other promotional tacos by over 300% AND outsell many of their other tacos it looks like these guys stepped in to try and fill a demand.

Ooo, a Chit Chatter with an actual useful skill.

May I ask: How do you feel about the cheesarito?

dibs?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Capps
United States
Milan
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JoshBot wrote:

May I ask: How do you feel about the cheesarito?

dibs?

Ooh a "secret menu item"!

I was asked to make these a couple of times and managed to do so pretty close. If you know the ins and outs of what everything is called you'd be amazed at what you can order. I tend to make cashiers stare at me with my glorious custom orders. They used to use me to train newbies on how to do specials just for that reason.

Sadly though some of the "secret menu items" can't even be made anymore as the real ingredients are no longer even being used in a lot of stores, loads of places don't even have chili anymore It's a sad day...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David K.
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://hackthemenu.com/taco-bell/secret-menu/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My wife sneaked up behind me while I was working in the garden. I was so startled I soiled myself.
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I think that all right-thinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am.
mbmbmbmbmb
Capps wrote:
Sadly though some of the "secret menu items" can't even be made anymore as the real ingredients are no longer even being used in a lot of stores, loads of places don't even have chili anymore It's a sad day...

I was introduced to the Chili Cheese Burrito last summer, and liked it. It's not in a prominent place on the menu, and some stores don't even list it (I guess those are the ones without the chili). Even though it's smaller (less stuff in it) than the regular Bean Burrito, I find it just as filling -- although WAY messier. You gotta have a stack of napkins handy if you eat more than a couple Chili Cheese Burritos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
claymore_57 wrote:
Capps wrote:

I was introduced to the Chili Cheese Burrito last summer, and liked it. It's not in a prominent place on the menu, and some stores don't even list it (I guess those are the ones without the chili). Even though it's smaller (less stuff in it) than the regular Bean Burrito, I find it just as filling -- although WAY messier. You gotta have a stack of napkins handy if you eat more than a couple Chili Cheese Burritos.

I like those. I recommend an antacid and some Pepto both before and after. Also, Charmin wet wipes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
Why would I want to ruin a perfectly good burrito by sticking those vile, disgusting...things...into it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
J.L.Robert wrote:
Why would I want to ruin a perfectly good burrito by sticking those vile, disgusting...things...into it?

And here I'm asking why I'd want to ruin perfectly good Cheetos™ by shoving them into a burrito.

Cheetos = good

Flamin' Hot Cheetos = pointless carbs. I'd rather drink hot sauce straight up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Boyes
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The best Taco bell menu hack is cutting the ground beef and adding crispy potato.... yum!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stalin shot Kirov right in the hallway
United States
Lincoln
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
J.L.Robert wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
J.L.Robert wrote:

And here I'm asking why I'd want to ruin perfectly good Cheetos™ by shoving them into a burrito.

Cheetos = good

Flamin' Hot Cheetos = pointless carbs. I'd rather drink hot sauce straight up.

That's why the correct answer is Jalapeno Cheeotos
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
There doesn't seem to be a Taco John's in South Carolina. This is probably a good thing in the long run.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
An ash I know, Yggdrasil its name. With water white is the great tree wet; thence come the dews that fall in the dales. Green by Urth's well does it ever grow.
mbmbmbmbmb
Taco Johns had always been the best local fast food taco/burrito option, until I saw this. Yeah, they've lost credibility.

They're now on the same level as Taco Bell in terms of marketing, but at least they don't rely on a silica-infused meat product.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
An ash I know, Yggdrasil its name. With water white is the great tree wet; thence come the dews that fall in the dales. Green by Urth's well does it ever grow.
mbmbmbmbmb
Jpwoo wrote:
The best Taco bell menu hack is cutting the ground beef and adding crispy potato.... yum!

But Taco Johns has potato oles. No comparison... seasoned potato rounds. They do put them in burritos, and it's glorious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.