United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to coin or perhaps borrow and mutilate a phrase here. "Coyote Lawyering". When I saw this I immediately thought of a friend of mine who is an attorney and felt the utmost pity for him. Coyote Lawyering in my mind is when a lawyer is involved in something that goes legally round and round so badly like an Abbott and Costello routine that they have no choice but to chew their own leg off to escape. In this case it is a legal pursuit in a deposition of what a photocopy machine is. Sounds simple but this deposition takes such a hysterical turn that someone took the transcript of the deposition word for word and made a short film from it.

Here's is an article that covers some background on the deposition and how it was made into this short film.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/surreal-exchange-during...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Finch
United Kingdom
BERKSHIRE
flag msg tools
badge
Rule changes for tonight's game:-
mbmbmbmbmb
What we need is a "I don't read threads - and if you don't like it, come at me, bro" microbadge.

I for one would be buying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Holzman
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
As grey traces of dawn tinge the eastern sky, the three travellers, men of Willowdale, emerge from the forest's shadow. Fording the river, they turn south, journeying into the dark and forbidding lands of The Necromancer...
mbmbmbmbmb
Better call Saul!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Hickle
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
This space for rent.
mbmbmbmbmb
Funny stuff. Thanks for sharing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Central Coast
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. I never would have guessed it, but it turns out that I freaking love the law.

I am clearly in the wrong profession, because that clip made me want to be in that room while it was happening. (The actual event, not the recreation, although the actors in that were perfect.) I wanted to be the guy asking the questions.

By the end I was just grinning like an idiot.

Maybe I just have some anger management issues.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seeing John Ennis (of Mr. Show fame) was a nice surprise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
Verdigris97 wrote:

I am clearly in the wrong profession, because that clip made me want to be in that room while it was happening. (The actual event, not the recreation, although the actors in that were perfect.)

If I had been in the room I would have beaten the guy to death with a steno pad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Central Coast
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mrbeankc wrote:
Verdigris97 wrote:

I am clearly in the wrong profession, because that clip made me want to be in that room while it was happening. (The actual event, not the recreation, although the actors in that were perfect.)

If I had been in the room I would have beaten the guy to death with a steno pad.

laugh

The best part for me was how the guy giving the deposition's facial expressions made it crystal clear he had been coached on certain phrases. So my steno-pad target would have been the "other" lawyer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noreen
United States
flag msg tools
Fall in the Midwest
badge
Welcome to fall in the Midwest and a property with a lot of mature trees!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ha ha! Thanks for posting!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.