Adam Canning
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Stand By, Ready
badge
Wolkenritter
mbmbmbmbmb

KD Shop wrote:
There was once a fertile land of golden grass and prideful lions. Uncounted centuries ago, a parasite took root and over time a corrupted city grew to engulf the plains. The Golden Knight, a mysterious guardian of these lands, waged a losing war against the corruption. As futile years passed, the knight’s appearance grew twisted and haggard as the land itself. It’s glorious mane fell out, replaced by angry wailing smoke billowing in its place and the Gold Smoke Knight was born.

Adam Poots, Kickstarter comments wrote:

My ideal is to be at a place where resins are one time runs and are followed up by a plastic counter-part with game rules.

"https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/poots/kingdom-death-monster/comments?cursor=6648343#comment-6648342"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Currie
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Dignity. Always dignity!
mbmbmbmbmb
dahak wrote:
Adam Poots, Kickstarter comments wrote:

My ideal is to be at a place where resins are one time runs and are followed up by a plastic counter-part with game rules.

"https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/poots/kingdom-death-monster/comments?cursor=6648343#comment-6648342"

Don't get me wrong, I love KD:M and I'm backed for nearly every expansion and promo, but this isn't even close to being relevant to the game yet. Adam himself says he has a very slow, conservative business model. We probably won't see any semblance of game rules for this guy for quite some time, if at all.

I was just curious I guess why you'd make a thread about a non-game related mini is all.

EDIT: Everyone has made some valid points about the validity of the thread. Thanks for the input! I was just curious what others thought

PS: SUPER EXCITED ABOUT KDM!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Smashor
United States
New York
flag msg tools
I would say this is a valid thread. It has news that Adam is planning on incorporating these figures into the game eventually, regardless of timeframe, it is still game news. Also, there have been no new threads on this game in a while, so it doesn't to post an awesome looking figure that may eventually be a character in the KD universe. Lastly, this figure is so sweeeeeeet! Replace Slender Man with this guy please
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KC Bagley
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Elyklord wrote:

I was just curious I guess why you'd make a thread about a non-game related mini is all.

How is this mini or thread not game related? It doesn't matter how far into the future it is before we might get it. Still is relevant.

I'm excited for his release plans. I didn't catch that comment on the KS comments. Thanks OP for the heads up. And yes this smoke knight looks awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Canning
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Stand By, Ready
badge
Wolkenritter
mbmbmbmbmb
Elyklord wrote:

Tis a nice sculpt, a small extra chunk of background for the game and a titbit on how the designer sees the product line progressing.

And gives me the impression that it might be an older version of the Lion Knight.

IIRC that makes at least four extra monsters Adam has suggested will appear in the game at some point in the future. Illuminated Lady, Nightmare Ram, Storm Knight and Gold Smoke Knight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Currie
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Dignity. Always dignity!
mbmbmbmbmb
dahak wrote:
IIRC that makes at least four extra monsters Adam has suggested will appear in the game at some point in the future. Illuminated Lady, Nightmare Ram, Storm Knight and Gold Smoke Knight.

He definitely said he had plans for Nightmare Ram, and I am MOST excited about the possibility of the Storm Knight! It's by far one of my favorite sculpts so far, and I've honestly been kicking myself for months for not grabbing one of the resins, just to have on my desk.

I didn't see anything about the Illuminated Lady! I wonder if he'll clothe her for the game. He's already mentioned the Brood Mother will probably not show up as game material I believe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Canning
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Stand By, Ready
badge
Wolkenritter
mbmbmbmbmb
Elyklord wrote:
dahak wrote:

He definitely said he had plans for Nightmare Ram, and I am MOST excited about the possibility of the Storm Knight! It's by far one of my favorite sculpts so far, and I've honestly been kicking myself for months for not grabbing one of the resins, just to have on my desk.

I didn't see anything about the Illuminated Lady! I wonder if he'll clothe her for the game. He's already mentioned the Brood Mother will probably not show up as game material I believe.

From the comments on the kickstarter with respect to the illuminated Lady
29 December
"The illuminated lady is currently not suited for plastic. The details on her face and the subtle folds in her skin are far too fine. She would look like a blurry faced statue of venus holding a lantern. Sorry, I have plans to revisit her one day when I finalize the designs for the larger monster she is part of."
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/poots/kingdom-death-mon...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Currie
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Dignity. Always dignity!
mbmbmbmbmb
dahak wrote:
From the comments on the kickstarter with respect to the illuminated Lady
29 December
"The illuminated lady is currently not suited for plastic. The details on her face and the subtle folds in her skin are far too fine. She would look like a blurry faced statue of venus holding a lantern. Sorry, I have plans to revisit her one day when I finalize the designs for the larger monster she is part of."

Sweeeeeeeeet. Wonder how I missed that comment

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dérek Boily
Canada
Québec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that most of the figures already released (mother, grand-mother, forge god, etc.) were going to be part of the "game" at some point, be it under the form of an expansion for KD:M or a whole separate game based in the same universe...

Has Adam said something about particular sculpts not being translated to gaming material?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Canning
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Stand By, Ready
badge
Wolkenritter
mbmbmbmbmb
MrLeRobot wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that most of the figures already released (mother, grand-mother, forge god, etc.) were going to be part of the "game" at some point, be it under the form of an expansion for KD:M or a whole separate game based in the same universe...

Has Adam said something about particular sculpts not being translated to gaming material?

He did say some of the figures [Pinups and the Wet Nurse) weren't planned to get rules.

Quote:

There will not be any game rules for the pinup twilight knight. Pinups do not get game rules, sorry!

There is no current plans for game rules regarding the wet nurse in KDM.

Quote:

Forge God, We will have to wait and see. Not sure if he will appear in monster as of yet.

Others which means basically anything associated with the Holy Land other than the Lion Knight(s) [Chosen, Forge God, Mothers, White Knights] he's implied aren't going to be seen in this game as opposed to the higher power one variously called Kingdom Death, Kingdom Death:Heroes or Heroes of Death. He implied that was at least partially that the Scribe doesn't create new humans near the Holy Lands.

Can't find where he said that but I did find

Quote:
The Scribe plugs the ears and seals eyes with pools of ink when he breathes life into a new human.
The Lanterns are bioluminescent and are not powered by fire. They are also normally cool to the touch ( "Beyond the Wall" a normal lantern held that close would burn your flesh ).

The faces are created by a monster called the Sculptor.

Quote:
There is no singular ruler over all the lands, The Golden Entity is merely the entity that rules the Holy Lands. It is a vain but has no mortal shell and the lands are an extension of its will using humans ( not quite as slaves ) to create its bizarre empire of self appeasement. The Wet Nurse is a sterile entity, it can neither create or host life. It's sole purpose is to raise human children and pass nutrients that chemically program different type of workers in the society. There is no free will, nor can these people be freed. Hence why I do not call them slaves.
I am calling the area Monster takes place as "The Kings Land", but that is just a name I use to describe it to myself
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dérek Boily
Canada
Québec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah! Thanks about all the info. I've already read some of it (some I might have forgot about as well...!) but there are several interestings fact about KD:M that I wasn't aware of. Basically, what it does tell us is that almost all of the figures will be used in a game somehow (KD:M or else) in the same universe.

Awesome.

The fact that you have to dig a little bit (comments buried in the project page, bits of info scattered around the official website...) to get the info about the game just makes the universe even more mysterious... This is a good thing...!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Canning
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Stand By, Ready
badge
Wolkenritter
mbmbmbmbmb
MrLeRobot wrote:
The fact that you have to dig a little bit (comments buried in the project page, bits of info scattered around the official website...) to get the info about the game just makes the universe even more mysterious... This is a good thing...!

There is a forum that is an attempt to collect it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dérek Boily
Canada
Québec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dahak wrote:
MrLeRobot wrote:

There is a forum that is an attempt to collect it.

Bookmarked! Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Kingery
United States
Huntington Beach
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I just received the Gold Smoke Knight in the mail today. Beautiful sculpt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eduardo Guimarães
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's the big boss of the 1.5 version now! So how do you guys think he will fit storywise as the last boss? He does not appear to be a bad guy after all...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmit Svenson
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
Perhaps survivors are the parasites!

The Lion God lore hints at the downfall of the lion civilization, of which the Necromancer-maddened Lion God is also a living remnant.

That civilization seems to predate the King and Scribe and Sculptor, entities with an interest in survivor life cycles. Perhaps they engendered human life in the lion civilization's lands, causing it to fall?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
There was once a fertile land of golden grass and prideful lions. Uncounted centuries ago, a parasite took root and over time a corrupted city grew to engulf the plains.

I think that the parasite that took over is the Brain Worm that infected the Lion God, and the corrupted city that grew is the Silver City itself.

So, the poor guy GSK went against the Lion God and lost. I can feel the man, I did that countless times

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JONATHAN TAYLOR
United States
Sonoma
Unspecified
flag msg tools
no theme=just maths
badge
a TOAD for 3 turns
mbmbmbmbmb
IS this guy included in 1.5 along with the original boss?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Shoo
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmb
chickenman wrote:
IS this guy included in 1.5 along with the original boss?

He is indeed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Awaited King
msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.