Popular Tags: [View All]
Shanda Hoover
United States
Port Orchard
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been looking for this out of print game for quite awhile, but have been put off by the steep prices. After all, I'm not even sure I would love the game.

Well the one sure fire way I know of to determine if the game is going to be to my taste is to watch Richard Ham (aka Rahdo) do a video run through.

Richard has a whole geeklist of games currently requested for review and the games with the most thumbs are voted upon each month by a group of around 700 fans who have paid for voting privileges by supporting his Kickstarter campaign. While only this select group gets to vote anyone can help influence that vote by thumbing games they would like to see a most superb video of.

Please help me, and possibly yourselves by going to [listitem=3106052][/listitem] and giving it a big old THUMB. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Federico
Italy
Val di Non
Trentino
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want to try the game yourself, it's also possible to play it on yucata.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Fuller
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClbWre7mmPcONBiQxk9ivuA
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a hard time comprehending why you want a Rahdo Run Thru of this game when Scott's review does far more than enough to explain this relatively simple game. Not to discourage your enthusiasm but beyound saying that this is a latter climbing version of Yahtzee with victory hanging in the balance of one round, I doubt there is more to be said about it.

I too am a Rahdo fan but he mostly focuses on complex games which To Court the King is not.

My suggestion would be to seek out a copy to play and then determine just how much you are willing to pay to add it to your collection, being that it is out of print.

Peace

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Fikes
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
mxke wrote:
I have a hard time comprehending why you want a Rahdo Run Thru of this game when Scott's review does far more than enough to explain this relatively simple game. Not to discourage your enthusiasm but beyound saying that this is a latter climbing version of Yahtzee with victory hanging in the balance of one round, I doubt there is more to be said about it.

I too am a Rahdo fan but he mostly focuses on complex games which To Court the King is not.

My suggestion would be to seek out a copy to play and then determine just how much you are willing to pay to add it to your collection, being that it is out of print.

Peace

I think the point would be to see a whole game played out rather than a single turn, to get the best possible idea for how the game actually plays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.