Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jean Ouellet
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just realized that R2D6 makes it possible for Y-wings and lower pilot skill X-wing to get an Elite Pilot Skill.

This opens some nice possibilities. Biggs can get PushTheLimit or Veteran Instincts, or a Grey Wing could get Draw Their Fire

Any good ideas on how to seize this new opportunity?

Jean

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Raz
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jouellet wrote:
Just realized that R2D6 makes it possible for Y-wings and lower pilot skill X-wing to get an Elite Pilot Skill.

This opens some nice possibilities. Biggs can get PushTheLimit or Veteran Instincts, or a Grey Wing could get Draw Their Fire

Any good ideas on how to seize this new opportunity?

Jean

Garvin with veteran instincts. Could now pass to Luke, Jek, Ten, etc before they act.

Dutch with vet instincts. same thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse L
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I like opportunist on Hobbie with r2d6, if you use it with a TL you shed the stress you would normally get from opportunist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
"Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life." ♯ ♩ ♫ ♪ - Beethoven
badge
--------ViSiT--------- ---------------------- DockingBay416.com ---------------------- ------for some------ ---------------------- -------STAR--------- -------WARS-------- --------------------- ------l-o-v-e--------
mbmbmbmbmb
I like look of Adrenalin Rush on Garvin. K-Turn in formation, and Garven gets to focus AND pass off a token to a wingman. So two X-Wings can have actions on the K. Suh-weet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Raz
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cptnhalfbeard wrote:
I like opportunist on Hobbie with r2d6, if you use it with a TL you shed the stress you would normally get from opportunist.

Correct me if my thinking is wrong here but don't you basically get the same thing by just using wedge for 29 points instead of 30 and without having to worry about opertunist's restrictions?

Wedge doesn't give you an extra attack die but he removes a defense die. Basically the same thing and it's not restricted.

**Edit**
To me Hobbie with r2d6 and PTL is much better. Focus and Target lock every turn and get rid of the stress all the time by spending the target lock.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Derksen
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
designer
armoredgear7.net
badge
Heroes of the Aturi Cluster dockingbay416.com/campaign
mbmbmbmbmb
Horton with Expert Handling
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
edrazpgh wrote:
Wedge doesn't give you an extra attack die but he removes a defense die. Basically the same thing and it's not restricted.

Not the same thing. +1 Attack die > -1 Defense die, mainly because there are more Hit+Crit symbols (4) than there are Evade symbols (3). Also, the -1 Defense is strong against high agility targets (e.g. TIEs) but almost useless against low agility targets (e.g. B-wings and YT-1300s), while +1 Attack is always good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Raz
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
iNano78 wrote:
edrazpgh wrote:

Not the same thing. +1 Attack die > -1 Defense die, mainly because there are more Hit+Crit symbols (4) than there are Evade symbols (3). Also, the -1 Defense is strong against high agility targets (e.g. TIEs) but almost useless against low agility targets (e.g. B-wings and YT-1300s), while +1 Attack is always good.

Ah yes. Thanks for the clarification.

Surely PTL (target lock and focus) is better then opportunist statistically though right?

**EDIT**
(Hobbie with r2d6 and PTL) vs (Hobbie with r2d6 and opportunist).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moritz MacBenic
Germany
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
edrazpgh wrote:
iNano78 wrote:
edrazpgh wrote:

Ah yes. Thanks for the clarification.

Surely PTL (target lock and focus) is better then opportunist statistically though right?

**EDIT**
(Hobbie with r2d6 and PTL) vs (Hobbie with r2d6 and opportunist).

I agree with you! Hobbie becomes almost like Tycho through that ability. Except he can still do Koiogran-turns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobbi Burquel
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
or old Newbie, whatever
badge
Can't touch this!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hobbie with PTL (Focus+TL every turn) is statistically better at hitting consistently than Hobbie with Opportunist, if we put it against a Tie fighter at range 2. 1+ Hits is at a 89% chance with TL+Focus versus 61% for the additional attack die of Opportunist. 2+ Hits is at 60% vs 32%, 3+ Hits at 20% vs 10%.

On the other hand, Opportunist means you have a potential of 4 Hits, whereas the other option stops at 3. I`ll go with consistency rather than a very off chance of 4 hits (anyway, who needs 4 hits versus a Tie?).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Krüger
Germany
Krefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
narkatral wrote:
Hobbie with PTL (Focus+TL every turn) is statistically better at hitting consistently than Hobbie with Opportunist, if we put it against a Tie fighter at range 2. 1+ Hits is at a 89% chance with TL+Focus versus 61% for the additional attack die of Opportunist. 2+ Hits is at 60% vs 32%, 3+ Hits at 20% vs 10%.

On the other hand, Opportunist means you have a potential of 4 Hits, whereas the other option stops at 3. I`ll go with consistency rather than a very off chance of 4 hits (anyway, who needs 4 hits versus a Tie?).

Opportunist does not stress the pilot (but requires the opponent to be without tokens). So it is a bit apples to oranges.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thamos von Nostria wrote:
narkatral wrote:

Opportunist does not stress the pilot (but requires the opponent to be without tokens). So it is a bit apples to oranges.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Krüger
Germany
Krefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oops, sorry :-).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.