Marvel Dice Masters: Avengers vs. X-Men» Forums » General

Subject: Share your custom team rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sonja Lang
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
What are some good custom teams you built? Why do the cards work well together?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McFarland
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't tell you how well this works in the real world, but I've been playing with this in terms of a (basic) team:

Basic Actions
Force Beam
Gearing Up

Actions
Mjolnir - Thor's Hammer

Characters
Iron Man - Playboy
Mr. Fantastic - Brilliant Scientist
Hulk - Green Goliath
Ghost Rider - Johnny Blaze
Doctor Strange - Probably a Charlatan

I suppose it would help if I wrote the abilities, but that's a lot of writing right now. Again, I don't know if this will work well or not, as it's a pretty wreckless approach, but the idea is to let Hulk and Iron Man take damage and then redirect that damage around.

Hulk and Iron Man can both damage other characters when they take damage themselves, and Mjolnir and Force Beam deal damage to everything--meaning other characters would take damage from the Actions then again from anything redirected. Mr. Fantastic can force people to block and is good on defense, Dr. Strange allows you to pull Action dice from your bag. Ghost Rider is simply a cheap beatstick (plus he's awesome). If I were to go the full team route, I'd probably add Thor - Lord of Asgard and Gambit - Ace in the Hole for some more power that can slip through whatever characters I leave on the field and a cheap character with some extra die pulls, respectively. I may be trying too much synergy, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ICE 0ne
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Black Widow - Tsarina (4)
Gambit - Ace in the Hole (3)
Human Torch - Johnny Storm (3)
Green Goblin - Norman Osborn (4)
Captain America - American Hero (3)
Nova - Quasar (1)
Iron Man - Philanthropist (1)
Colossus - Piotr Rasputin (1)

This is a pinging burn deck that can go agro early with black widow or defensive late game with iron man.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.