Justin Gortner
United States
Egg Harbor Township
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Howdy,

If you roll and get the symbol to activate your basic action, can you use it, for example, after blockers are declared? Or after the attack step? Or during your opponent's turn?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Lott
United States
Little Elm
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You may use it anytime before your turn ends.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Gortner
United States
Egg Harbor Township
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ferris1971 wrote:

So this is where it differs from activated abilities or global powers (as they can be used on any turn) yes? That is, basic actions are separate in that you can only use them on your turn, but still at anytime?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ICE 0ne
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
you can use them during your main step as an action, or you can use them during your attack step after declare blockers and before damage is assigned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Lott
United States
Little Elm
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jgortner wrote:
ferris1971 wrote:

So this is where it differs from activated abilities or global powers (as they can be used on any turn) yes? That is, basic actions are separate in that you can only use them on your turn, but still at anytime?

Action and character dice are discarded at the end of your turn, unlike the starter dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Mansell
United States
Mentor
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
ferris1971 wrote:
jgortner wrote:
ferris1971 wrote:

Action and character dice are discarded at the end of your turn, unlike the starter dice.

Just to clarify, unfielded characters are discarded at the end of the main step, whereas unused actions are discarded at the end of your turn.

Any die that shows an energy side remains in your reserve pool until the "Clear and Draw" phase of your turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Lott
United States
Little Elm
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Senas006 wrote:
ferris1971 wrote:
jgortner wrote:
ferris1971 wrote:

Just to clarify, unfielded characters are discarded at the end of the main step, whereas unused actions are discarded at the end of your turn.

Any die that shows an energy side remains in your reserve pool until the "Clear and Draw" phase of your turn.

Really? Been doing that one wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney "Watch It Played" Smith
Canada
Montague
Prince Edward Island
flag msg tools
badge
Join us to learn and watch games played at youtube.com/watchitplayed
mbmbmbmbmb
Senas006 wrote:

Exactly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shravan Kovela
msg tools
The playmat in the center of the provided instruction booklet states that at the end of turn, all "Unused Actions" go to the Used Pile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rugged Source
msg tools
Question with 'Force Beam':

I roll my four dice and one lands on the action dice for 'Force Beam' with the burst symbol. The rule book says I must use the burst effect.

-Does this mean I HAVE to use the burst effect right away?
-If the burst effect happens right away, can I re-roll the dice?
-If the burst effect does not happen right away, does it only happen when I use my action ability before the end of my turn?
-If I chose NOT to use my action dice's ability, does the burst effect still trigger?

I am slightly confused about when a burst effect for action dice is used.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heath K
United States
Sabina
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Burst symbols are mandatory to apply to the action when you use the action, and when the card for the action has a burst effect. Bursts do not change the timing in which you must use an Action die. You may still use them at the appropriate times, whether you roll a burst or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Meyers
United States
Poway
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably (more like 100%) a dumb question, but we just finished up our first play so I wanted to see if we understood correctly. If you roll force beam you can choose not to use the basic action and it will just clear to used dice at the end of your turn?

For some reason I think we assumed that you were forced to use the force beam when it was rolled regardless if it only hurt the player rolling it, but now thinking about it we were probably wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You can't handle the truth?
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kinkbicycles wrote:
Probably (more like 100%) a dumb question, but we just finished up our first play so I wanted to see if we understood correctly. If you roll force beam you can choose not to use the basic action and it will just clear to used dice at the end of your turn?

For some reason I think we assumed that you were forced to use the force beam when it was rolled regardless if it only hurt the player rolling it, but now thinking about it we were probably wrong.
You are right. You don't have to play it, and if you don't it will clear at the end of the turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Meyers
United States
Poway
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
crambaza wrote:
kinkbicycles wrote:

You are right. You don't have to play it, and if you don't it will clear at the end of the turn.

Thank you! Got to love how helpful nature of everyone on the boards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.