Popular Tags: [View All]
David Kenton
United Kingdom
Preston
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just got into Heroscape after discovering a RotV at a car boot sale.

I'm struggling to get more scenery or any more figures other than paying ridiculous eBay prices...

So how does one expand their Heroscape playing on a budget?

I'm willing to spend money on it but just not eBay prices!

Any advice is greatly received!

Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Berg
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kentonda wrote:

That will be almost impossible unless you continue to get lucky on future acquisitions/discoveries. Ebay prices are unfortunately now the norm for this wonderful, but discontinued game.

Try periodic searches and advertisements via craigslist.

Auggies can sometimes have inventory of some Heroscape and has been known to ship international as cheaply as possible, but his current selection is pretty sparse at the moment. Still, it pays to check in with his site often: http://www.auggiesgamestore.com/catalog/heroscape/699

Look in at Heroscapers.com (specifically here: http://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=110) to see if there's anyone domestically local to you that's selling. If not, you can still sometimes get a price break from ebay pricing on some things if you are patient, but chances are fairly likely that you'll have to pay international shipping rates of some kind regardless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Martin
United Kingdom
Lincoln
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately I've had to admit my collection has hit it's limit for pretty much the reason you've said - ebay is bloody expensive. Thankfully I managed to get most of what I'd need while the game was still being produced. I just wish I'd got a Swarm of the Marro set before Hasbro killed the game. Can't really justify buying one now
If you do find anywhere that supplies to the UK at a reasonable price, I'd love to hear about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kenton
United Kingdom
Preston
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Deroche wrote:
kentonda wrote:

That will be almost impossible unless you continue to get lucky on future acquisitions/discoveries. Ebay prices are unfortunately now the norm for this wonderful, but discontinued game.

Try periodic searches and advertisements via craigslist.

Auggies can sometimes have inventory of some Heroscape and has been known to ship international as cheaply as possible, but his current selection is pretty sparse at the moment. Still, it pays to check in with his site often: http://www.auggiesgamestore.com/catalog/heroscape/699

Look in at Heroscapers.com (specifically here: http://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=110) to see if there's anyone domestically local to you that's selling. If not, you can still sometimes get a price break from ebay pricing on some things if you are patient, but chances are fairly likely that you'll have to pay international shipping rates of some kind regardless.

Thanks for the info and the quick reply! Will have a good look at these sites. I've seen the Heroscapers one before but only in regards to the Heroclix customs cards as I've had a lot of fun with the marvel expansion.

I was kinda resigned to having slowly build my game piece meal over the next few years but I guess it's only going to go up in price so I was posting this whilst I have a little money put aside to spend on this alone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kenton
United Kingdom
Preston
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I find a reasonable sours I'll let you know... US ebay isn't so bad a t the moment because the pound is strong again the dollar so we get good value for money but shipping is the killer here. I've seen a load of loose figures going quite cheap and it would just be a cause of contacting the seller to get a better deal on the shipping!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.