Yomi Yeh
msg tools
I have a question about the movement when there is an opponent's scout between boundary of the river and the mountain.

Below is the example.

RRRRRRMMMRRRRR
^^^
ABC

I am scout A,and another scout B is just one step in front of me.
Per my understanding, if I activate the basic movement by one food and is able to move 2 steps forward, because there is only one river, I will stop on the same position as B. As the rule, two scouts can't stay on the same positions, so I have to stop one position more. Hence, I will stay on the position C.
Am I correct? Or do I have to move exact one step and stop at the same position as B, and then I can move forward.

Thank you for reading. Sorry my English is not very good that make my description so long.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Schmitt
United States
South Portland
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rule about not ending on the same space as another scout overrides the terrain movement rules. So even if that one extra space takes you into a mountain space, you take it. You never finish on the same space as another scout.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff W
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yomiyomi wrote:

Below is the example.

RRRRRRMMMRRRRR
^^^
ABC

Yes, normally you'd stop at B, but if it is occupied, then you will stop at C (if it is vacant).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
Everything is relative to perception, and your perception is limited.
badge
The Ginger Ninja
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct, but per my understanding, you couldn't do that AND have more activations to use in the mountains. That jump ahead on another scout only happens once you are at you final, hard stop, movement.

I know this is not what you are asking, specifically, but want to try to be clear, without confusing more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eugene Spears
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
OverText intentionally left blank.
badge
Reach in to find out!
mbmbmbmbmb
If your opponent's scout is on the last river segment before a mountain, and you would land on that segment (either due to your regular full movement or if you can only move part of that number due to the terrain restriction), you'd move a space ahead regardless of terrain.

It sounds like your original assessment is correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.