Hide
11 Posts

Star Realms» Forums » General

Subject: Any Way to get the Print & Play? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Keith Smith
msg tools
I just found out about this game, and I'm a big Print and Play fan. I even see that there was a PnP version of the game available on Kickstarter, but I missed out on that.

Anyone know if there's a way to still purchase it that way?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Maggi
Italy
Rome
Rome
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Skeith27 wrote:
I just found out about this game, and I'm a big Print and Play fan. I even see that there was a PnP version of the game available on Kickstarter, but I missed out on that.

Anyone know if there's a way to still purchase it that way?

I'm with you on this, I'm hoping for the option on a future KS for expansions.

I knew about the campaign, but I can't remember seeing the PnP at the beginning of it, forgot about it and then noticed the PnP when it was already over.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Jackson
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
What is the sound of one card shuffling?
mbmbmbmbmb
it would probably cost less to just buy the game than to do a nice PnP version of it though, wouldnt it?

either way, i dont know if the PnP is available any more so I guess this wasn't the most helpful post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Smith
msg tools
Actually, I'm pretty experienced at making decent-looking PnP versions at little cost. I use old cards from defunct CCGs for stock and I use my work printer, so that part costs me nothing. Hahah

Also, since I can make 2 copies of the game with the PnP files, I can jump right into the 4-player mode without buying a second deck.

I'm actually hoping to review the game for my portable gaming podcast (we're starting to cover portable card/tabletop games now too). I just wish I caught wind of this game sooner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Costa
Portugal
flag msg tools
I am also very interested in this! Missed the kickstarter and while I'm waiting for the digital version, would like to play the PnP version

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joelseph
United States
Chicago
IL
flag msg tools
Check your pockets.
badge
Greatest healer.
mbmbmbmbmb
How do you feed the cards through the printer? Also, correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't the PnP files offered to those that had backed the project?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Smith
msg tools
joelseph wrote:
How do you feed the cards through the printer? Also, correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't the PnP files offered to those that had backed the project?

Actually, to save money on PnP cards, I don't actually buy card stock. I just print onto regular paper then cut and paste those onto some old CCGs I have laying around (like 20-year-old Magic cards).

To your second question, yes, the PnP files were indeed given to those who backed the project. However, the company will not be distributing the game by that method any longer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel Guijo
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Im very interested in the print and play. Im from spain and the game it is not distributed here so i cant grab a copy in stores at a fair price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacky Pohl
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah_Pook wrote:
it would probably cost less to just buy the game than to do a nice PnP version of it though, wouldnt it?

Not if you missed the Kickstarter and live in Germany. The game popped up on Amazon Marketplace for 30 Euro (41 Dollars).

At least, I want to try it out first. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Maggi
Italy
Rome
Rome
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JackyTheRipper wrote:
Ah_Pook wrote:

Not if you missed the Kickstarter and live in Germany. The game popped up on Amazon Marketplace for 30 Euro (41 Dollars).

At least, I want to try it out first. shake

The Android implementation has just been released, iOS and PC should come along shortly. I think this is the best way to test the game and see if you like it (even better, the game offers a couple of game modes/difficulties for free so no upfront cost).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J G
msg tools
Would anyone have a copy of the print and play file they would not mind sharing? I've been trying to get this game for a while but it's still sold out being sold at a crazy price. Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.