10 Posts

Dark Darker Darkest» Forums » General

Subject: Advice needed rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
martin moran
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I was hoping people on BGG may be able to give me some advice in relation to the despicably poor customer service I've experienced from Queens Games. I was part of the Kickstarter campaign for Dark Darker Darkest and I have yet to receive anything despite the initial wave of games shipping 6 months ago. Numerous e-mails have generally gone unanswered, and on the rare occasion they have replied, they have been significantly less than helpful. About six weeks ago I asked for a refund and was told by some guy named Keith that I would receive one. Well, no surprise that I haven't received it yet and Queens Games have now been ignoring my e-mails again. I really just want my refund so I can forget all about Queens Games and Dark Darker Darkest. I don't think I've ever dealt with a more unprofessional company, who seem to have no regard for their customers. I just feel like I have been ripped off. Does anyone have any advice on what I should do next? Any help or advice would be much appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do as I did. Not saying it's right mind you.

But go to their current project, since they always seem to have a new one one running, pledge $1 and flame the crap out of their comments section until you get some answers.
Seems to be the only thing they respond to, their current project.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Buman
United States
Harlan
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would maybe try contacting the designer, David Ausloos, through BGG. He has been VERY responsive and helpful throughout DDD's kickstarter and release. I know that it may be out of his hands, but he may have some advice or be able to apply some pressure on Queen Games. David is a great guy and if he can help you, he will. Just a thought. Good Luck!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Stripling
United States
Lowell
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, that really sucks. I would make a huge nuisance out of yourself until they might think you'll cost them business. I'm generally inclined to assume the best about people/companies, but at this point I'd say you're past that point. Best of luck.
-ryanjamal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
martin moran
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hey guys. Just thought I would provide you with an update. I finally received my refund after taking your advice and posting comments about my experience with Queens Games on their latest Kickstarter venture (Escape Big Box). After a couple of comments, I had my refund after a few hours. Sad that it had to come to me hijacking one of their Kickstarter campaigns. Apologies to anyone on that Kickstarter that may have been affected by my comments. However, I think it's telling that Queens Games didn't deal with my problem (in six months), until it may possibly adversely affect their current Kickstarter campaign. Tells me that this company cares far more about their profit margins than they do about their customers. Goodbye Queens Games. It's been unpleasant knowing you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Exactly .
You nailed it.

Queen cares about one thing.
The people they can suck money out of.

I'd take up an active campaign of flaming their projects if I didn't care more about my various accounts it could affect.

They are a prime example of a company that needs it's door torn down and all their stuff thrown out on the lawn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Game Steward
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ropya wrote:
Exactly .
You nailed it.

Queen cares about one thing.
The people they can suck money out of.

I'd take up an active campaign of flaming their projects if I didn't care more about my various accounts it could affect.

They are a prime example of a company that needs it's door torn down and all their stuff thrown out on the lawn.

I have been quite vocal as well about their poor customer service, especially on the DDD campaign, but I don't think it's fair to take it that far. For better or worse, QG puts out excellent games (DDD, KB, Fresco, Alhambra, Escape, Amerigo, etc.), and they have generally delivered their games without problems, with the obvious exceptions.

I actually find the disparity in how they have handled customer service to be almost schizophrenic. There are plenty of anecdotes of them providing excellent customer service to some people - even after a KS project ends. But the disaster that has been the DDD campaign is epic in scope. I can't quite reconcile "QG the established game company" with "QG refusing to engage with KS backers from one project until flamed in other KS campaigns." I don't think greed explains it. I don't think they are morally corrupt people, or even if they are, that a lack of morals really explains it either.

Then again, I don't know what does explain the situation. It's like they are afraid to engage with the DDD crowd, so they just ignore it, like a small child ignoring what they don't want to hear. But even that doesn't fully explain their behavior. They are moving forward, but in the most opaque, dense, anti-consumer friendly way possible. It's truly bizarre. They replaced Nikki with Keith, and things got a bit better...for some people. But they repeatedly provided updates about when the remaining DDD components will be delivered...in the "Risks and Challenges" section of OTHER KS campaigns. At the same time, they said NOTHING in the DDD campaign That's not even greed or childish attempts to ignore the problem. It's...inexplicable.

Blaming this fiasco on greed simply glosses over the scope of the issue. I've seen plenty of greedy companies dealing unethically with customers for a fast buck. This is way beyond that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Stripling
United States
Lowell
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, it does seem strange. I think they're understaffed and overwhelmed, constantly undertaking new projects that take all of their energy and then some. I think that accounts for most of the issues, but certainly not all. It's just bizarre.
-ryanjamal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah.
The tearing down the door bit was a little much.

All that said, it's not DDD from what I've heard.
It's nearly every other one of their projects go dark after completion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The issue with DDD, as I understand it, is that it went into production pretty soon after the KS ended in order to make the October delivery time frame. Most backers received their stuff 3 months after the KS ended which is a pretty good turn around.

But it would *seem* that turn around time came at a cost, that they could only manufacture X amount of copies when they needed Y amount made. Some people received nothing, others received 1 copy when they ordered two. And of course they wanted to make sure retail got theirs.

A recent update or comment from Kieth basically went along the lines of that they knew they needed to manufacture more, but wanted to wait until they were producing the add-ons so they could do everything at once (presumably it was a cost issue). They have now decided not to wait for the add-on's to be ready and are manufacturing more copies. We could suppose it was the negative comments affecting other KS projects of theirs that has spurred this.

I haven't had an issue with them, so I am going for the Escape big box. However, I sympathize with those who have and am pretty leery of them as a company (as I am now with the non-communicative Wizkids).

Jorune
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.