United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Consuming Fire card text reads:

Quote:
Fire DoT: 1 damage per Refresh Phase per Faith

Does the additional Faith add to the damage dealt each Refresh Phase or to the number of Refresh Phases the effect lasts for (or both)?

Or does DoT just continue until the target is dead? (I have a vague memory of reading that somewhere but don't see it now.)

Semi-related, does a DoT attack like Consuming Fire stick to the target? It's described as a "pillar of fire", so I wasn't sure if the effect was meant to follow the target around during enemy movement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Carr
United States
Ruckersville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
1 dmg on cast
1 damage each reset phase, # of reset phases=faith.

you are setting 1 target on fire., so if target moves, target is still on fire.

When I (or my son or daughter) cast consuming fire, I use make a stack(# of tokens set to faith) of the yellow circle status effect tokens and place that ontop the blood token of the enemy being attacked(on the darkness board) I remove one token each reset phase and move the blood marker down.

hope this helps?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Griffin
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It does. Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dolem Thorn
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
I don't see how a literal reading tells you that it is faith that determines the number of refresh phrases.

It seems like a literal reading would have to say that it is 1 damage per faith (for a mysterious number of refresh phrases). I can see why you would interpret it the other way though.

Is this on a FAQ somewhere, or did MCG address it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarad Bond
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the card doesn't state it correctly at all

They clarified it either in the KS Card Text Update, or the Official FAQ, or the thread on their site that was used to clarify questions before the Official FAQ came along. I remember reading it, but can't tell you which one it was.

Also, it may be on the Hero Card Reference, which still isn't perfect, but is getting a little better each time they review it.

And yes, it sticks to the target. I use the poison counter and count down on one of the the tracks on the darkness board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yannick Beaule
Canada
Montreal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One question what is the fate die used for with consuming fire?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Patterson
United States
Calimesa
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Fate dice are used to activate FD recipes on your items. Most weapons and off hands have a FD recipe that will give you an extra bonus if you role the right Fate Dice. Note that you can only use a FD recipe from the item you used in the attack(in the case of Consuming Fire that would be your off-hand item).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.