Victor Caminha
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
badge
And so it begins...
mb
My copy of Robinson Crusoe arrived this week and I am anxious to play the game for the first time, but it will have to be a solo tonight. I read the rules, checked the FAQ and 25 or so pages of the "rules" section here. Kudos to everyone who helped clarifying the finer points (especially you, Dumon).

That said, I am curious to know the preference of the fans for the scenarios in the basic game, so...

Poll
In a 1-6 scale, how each scenario score in your preferences?
  1 - My Favorite 2 3 4 5 6 Haven't played it yet
Castaways
Cursed Island
Jenny
Volcano
Cannibals
Robinson family
      39 answers
Poll created by wykthor

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominik Troć
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolska
flag msg tools
I think your poll is showing answer to question "How many scenarios you played before checking BGG forum for rules explanation"

I have to say that I played all scenarios and the first scenario is still my favorite - you fight with time and weather and try to survive long enought to be taken by ship. I love this fluff but of course you have to make game harder after a while.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Caminha
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
badge
And so it begins...
mb
Lol, I imagined the first scenario would be the most played by far and the others would have a significant "haven't played" margin.

And I was totally crushed from my two solo games, which is a good sign. I want co-ops to be difficult. That said, there were a couple of points that eluded me, but since the answers can be quite obvious, i am asking here instead of creating another rules topic.

1) I opened the box and among the components there were two large green tokens (size like the "?" tokens, and none of them is the shortcut token, which is smaller). Are they scenario tokens?

2) For curiosity, when you shuffle a card from the builder/explore/gathering decks into the event deck, it can be a pain to see the first card of the newly-shuffled deck being a previous adventure card which you don't want to trigger next round. Am I right?

3) The "drought" card makes you cover with a black marker a river symbol on a tile. If that is the only river, does this card removes black markers from inventions that were made available when the river tile came up?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R B
United States
Mayville
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
1. If they're what I'm thinking of, they are extra.

2. Eh... it could happen.

3. Yes, but you keep anything already created.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.