Subject: Villages only GIVING points? Why should I not build them? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anton Broekzitter
Netherlands
Alblasserdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
As I read through the (dutch) rules about the advanced and the expert game, I saw the stating that building villages gives you points for shepherds, fishermen and lumberjacks. And that you only get those points if you build the required villages with the corresponding characters.
What I don't understand is, why wouldn't I want to build them? There is no penalty for building them even if I would have laid down not a single fishermen and would have build the fishermen village. Or on the other hand there is no penalty for NOT building the villages...

Please help me figure out the strategy or thinking behind this rule.

The second question is:
Where are the greyed out squares on the mondo (laydown area) for. I can't find anything in the rules about them.

Regards,

Anton

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten
Germany
Schkeuditz
Sachsen
flag msg tools
"The only thing you are going to see, is the burning hand of overdue justice." - Lobster Johnson
badge
“There are only three forms of high art: the symphony, the illustrated children's book and the board game.” - Saga
mbmbmbmbmb
cpttoenail wrote:
The second question is:
Where are the greyed out squares on the mondo (laydown area) for. I can't find anything in the rules about them.

These are only used in the solo variant. You have to put some starting tiles on them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.