Unhappy King Charles!» Forums » General

Subject: UKC - module 2.023 announced rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Łukasz
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
Non vi sed virtute, not armis sed arte paritur victoria.
badge
e^{i · π} + 1 = 0
mb
While this may be a somewhat premature announce, I find it justified as the next release won't happen too soon (matter of weeks, not days).

New module has been uploaded to official site:

http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Unhappy_King_Charles

It features:

1. Automated card dealing.

The cards are handled on a dedicated window:

There are three buttons:

a. Prepare cards for 1st round -- which adds Early War cards to the draw pile, shuffles in Raising the Royal Standard, and prepares cards for dealing.
b. Send Mid War Deck to Draw Pile -- which adds Mid War Deck and Solemn League to the Draw Pile. The cards are prepared as per the rules (SL is placed on the top of the Mid War cards).
c. Deal cards -- deals cards to the players; if Mid War Deck has been added to the Draw Pile, it also automatically adds Late War Deck should the Draw Pile be depleted. NMA is dealt to Parliament.

2. Buttons to randomly discard cards and draw cards from Draw/Discard Pile.

On Parliament Hand window there are four buttons; Royalist Hand features only three.

a. Add one card from Draw Pile -- used, when certain events are played.
b. Add one card from Discard Pile -- used, when Parliament achieves major/decisive victory,
c. Random discard to Discard Pile,
d. Random discard to Royalist Hand.

3. Keeping track of number of played cards.

Number of cards played by each side is displayed in top left corner of the map.

4. Turn advance

Turn cannot be advanced manually -- use the button in the toolbar instead. Also, the module prevents user to deal the cards twice; cards may be dealt only once per turn.

Next version

Next version will feature updated graphics (map, counters, cards), movement trails, automated naval chit draw, really automated card dealing (no need to add each deck manually), automated counter of number of lead brigades and strength (displayed only for the owning player) and other minor things, like automated calculation of power base for each region, maybe automation of some events and whatnot.

Bugs

Feel free to report any bugs you notice. Sadly, I didn't make any design before the development, so the implementation may -- and propably is -- be ugly. Please bear with me -- it works, major changes will come with next release. Should you notice any undesired behaviour, please send me GM.

Cheers,
Lukasz

EDIT: I forgot to mention -- the module automatically marks the cards you left in the hand at the end of a turn as "aces"; please note that it won't remind of necessity of playing combat cards and core cards before proceeding to the next turn. Cards marked as aces cannot be randomly discarded.

An exclamation mark means that this card is an ace.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Łukasz
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
Non vi sed virtute, not armis sed arte paritur victoria.
badge
e^{i · π} + 1 = 0
mb
Newly uploaded version 2.1 fixes a major (but non-frequent) bug pertaining to dealing the cards and leaving the draw pile empty.

Saves from 2.02x are compatible with 2.1.

Version 2.1 would be the last one with the old graphics. New version, which is 80% completed, contains new, high-res graphics, minor helpful features and, most of all, the card dealing is now 100% automated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Pontious
United States
Tipp City
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wanted to drop in and say thanks for your work on the module thumbsup Playing my first game and all your work on it shows. I look forward to seeing the upgrades you have planned in the next version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Harrisonburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazing work! Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.