Android: Netrunner» Forums » General

Subject: Suggestion corp deck rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
gabriele romagnoli
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I am a beginner and i'm still trying to find out what is the best corporation for me. I would like to have the possibility to always keep the runner guessing and doublebluffing other than just install agenda and score them the same round. My objective is not really to play tournaments but more make a reasonably competitive deck with which i could have fun. At the moment i only have the base set and, do not knowing what other cards combination are available, deciding which expansion pack/corp fit my kind of play is quite hard.

I would really appreciate any suggestion on the metter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erin OConnor
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
What is your favorite color?
mbmbmbmbmb
Pick one corp.

Play like 10 games with it.

Pick a second corp.

Play like 10 games with it.

ETC.

This will do a few things.
It will give you an idea of how each corp plays (as well as each corp identity). Useful information later when you are building your runner decks.

It will also let you figure out which one fits your play style best.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gabriele romagnoli
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Well do not kowing the other cards present in the expansions my question was more which corp is more suitable for a bluffing game and if there are certain combos that allows this kind of strategy.
I don't care if at the end i win scoring agendas or flatlining the runner as long as it is a more psycological game then a "get the right combo to score 3 agenda in one turn".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ron heuvel
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Dungeonlord wrote:
Well do not kowing the other cards present in the expansions my question was more which corp is more suitable for a bluffing game and if there are certain combos that allows this kind of strategy.
I don't care if at the end i win scoring agendas or flatlining the runner as long as it is a more psycological game then a "get the right combo to score 3 agenda in one turn".

I think you would like jinteki with their traps and tricks.But Just build your deck accordingly and include the right out of faction cards, and its doable with every faction.

If you really want to doublethink to the max, make sure to include some psy cards. (with i really do despise as runner )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gabriele romagnoli
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
i was not aware of those psi cards. look certainly on the direction i want to take.
regarding instead corp choice is then Jinteki the most "mindf*cking" up to a point where it is not conveninent to get HB for example and add Jinteki cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Dungeonlord wrote:
i was not aware of those psi cards. look certainly on the direction i want to take.
regarding instead corp choice is then Jinteki the most "mindf*cking" up to a point where it is not conveninent to get HB for example and add Jinteki cards?

Jinteki as a faction is quite different to the other Corps. It requires a very different mindset. Much of your ICE is porous, allowing the runner through. Your job as Jinteki isn't to try and keep the runner out, so much as it is to put them in positions where they have very tough decisions to make (and so make sub-optimal choices).

Or at least, such is my understanding.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Fanjoy
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jinteki is much more the bluffing and mindgames faction than the other three corporations. Pick up Honor and Profit and let the games begin. devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob B
Canada
Fredericton
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
imo...

Playtest HB/Weyland/NBN first.

HB is pretty "standard". Big walls of ice, strong economy. You sit behind a huge tower of defense and say "come at me, bro!". Splash a couple of End the Run cards from other factions like Tollbooth from NBN, maybe include a trap or two for flavour.

Weyland is really good at killing the runner. Include Scorched Earth and build around that. Archer is a very powerful ice, that works well with Hostile Take-over. (Hostile take-over can be scored on your own turn, gives you 7 credits, and you can forfeit that to res. Archer if need be)

NBN is really good at tagging your opponent. It has some nice tag punishment like marked account. You can play Fast Advance (with SanSan City grid and Astrostript agendas), or try to kill the runner, splashing say Scorched Earth over and a couple of other punishment cards.

Jinteki should be the last one that you try imo. It is probably the weakest one atm, but H&P might change that. The traps may be difficult to execute initially, but you'll probably gradually get the hang of the different playstyle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.