Subject: Can I get my money back ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Karl Wyseur
Belgium
Vichte
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually feel a bit deceived by this game.

I played a basic game at the Eindhoven fair and was told by the designer himself that more cool/strategic features were to come for the full game.
The man worked a couple of years on it !!!

Also the box promises strategy and there was a big buzz about it being presented at the Essen fair.

So I bought it.

Up till now I played it about 5 times and to me this game is not ready yet. It just is not working. In other reviews I notice that I am not alone with this point of view.

So to me this game needs 'repair' and I sent the publisher a mail requesting a 'fix'.
I did not get a reply yet...

Normally I would not do that. If you buy a game you don't like, well shit happens. But to me it is so obvious that the designer HAD to know it does not play well, that I was offended.

I one buys stuff that does not do what the package say, you ask your money back.
Can you do that a game ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You should wait for reviews before buying. I don't think that you can send your game back now.

And with Kickstarter it is easy for someone to gain money selling sub-par products to unsuspected buyers... All he needs to do is to generate a fair amount of hype around his product...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GeoMan wrote:
You should wait for reviews before buying. I don't think that you can send your game back now.

And with Kickstarter it is easy for someone to gain money selling sub-par products to unsuspected buyers... All he needs to do is to generate a fair amount of hype around his product...

Kickstarter didn't have particularly much to do with this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cox
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played the game and it is "working". I admit the rules may be vague but once you get the hang of it, it "works."

Explain what you think is broken/not working and perhaps it can be clarified?

Also, one person's opinion on a game having "more cool/strategic" features is just an opinion. I know there are other games where people say it is super strategic and I disagree. Does not mean they are lying to me, they just have a different opinion about the game.

Michael
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Wyseur
Belgium
Vichte
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After a tryout game, I was promised more cool and strategic features by the designer himself at the fair in Eindhoven. That's not just someone.

To me this game is an unfinished product. Ok, it works, but the amount of options (or strategy if you like) you have is so very limited. I feel as if I have no control over the game. The best decision to take is so obvious, and the rest is up to the dice...

As a gamer and gamedesigner they had to know that there is no strategy in it. Therefore I feel a bit lied to.

I'm normally not so sour in my opinion and can forgive a lot in a game.
But in this case, I'm actually offended that it is published as such.

Greetz
Karl
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Robinson
England
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Karl. i only bought the game this week, but unlike you, I do think the game works and I like it. However, we are all different with differing expectations. The strategy comes from reacting to the different encounters and changing threats; you can replay a mission with the same ops at the same location but the composition and distribution of threats will have changed.

Where did it all go wrong in your opinion? Anything specific we might agree to disagree on?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.