Hide
8 Posts

Mage Wars Arena» Forums » Rules

Subject: Conjuration attack rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ma joonseok
msg tools
If I have many plants conjurations which can attack, can I all attack them at same time before I activate one creature? or just 1 conjuration attack whenever I activate a creature?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Douglass
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The DvN rules include the rules for conjuration attacks. If you have multiple conjurations with attacks, you can activate any combination of them before or after a friendly creature's activation. So you could make 4 attacks with 4 separate Corrosive Orchids, then activate a creature for example. Just note that you cannot have multiple cards of the same name attached to the same object/zone, so those Corrosive Orchids would need to be in different zones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrei Koenig
United States
Alexandria
VA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sdougla2 wrote:
Just note that you cannot have multiple cards of the same name attached to the same object/zone, so those Corrosive Orchids would need to be in different zones.

Scott, are you sure about that? Page in rule book? Page 16.

I believe you are mistaken there. Corrosive Orchids are not zone exclusive, which I believe is the only trait that limits cards/conjurations of the same name to a zone.
Cannot have more than 1 conjuration of the same name in the zone.

If you are correct, and it is indeed a rule, then I have been playing this game wrong every single time I play, when I have 3 timberwood foxes in the same zone biting at my opponent's ankles, etc. Scott's wording that "you cannot have multiple cards of the same name attached to the same object/zone" threw me off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Carroll
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
Soli Deo Gloria!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can't have multiple enchantments with the same name attached to the same object or zone. I don't believe the same is true of conjurations or creatures, though. Anyway, they're not "attached" to a zone; they occupy it.

EDIT: OK, apparently I was wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrei Koenig
United States
Alexandria
VA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
spartax wrote:
You can't have multiple enchantments with the same name attached to the same object or zone.

Same with equipment. Can't have two pieces of gear with the same name.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Brosman
United States
Roanoke
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
PG 16 Core Rulebook, in the second column it says, "Most conjurations target a zone, and are attached to that zone. When you cast one of these spells, place the conjuration face up in the target zone. A zone may never have multiple conjurations with the same name attached to it."

In this way you can't have multiple Corrosive Orchids in the same zone.

Also, as creatures do not attach to a zone, you can have any number of them with the same name in the same zone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrei Koenig
United States
Alexandria
VA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow.
Aaron, thanks for your reply. It is indeed there. I never realized that rule was in place.

And to my shame, I realize that I have been misunderstanding the Zone Exclusive (even though it is right in the rulebook on page 17).
Can't have two conjurations in the zone that are Zone Exclusive (even if they have different names).

Yep, can't have more than one Orchid or Lotus in the zone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Brosman
United States
Roanoke
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It's all good. I had to pour through those rules more than a dozen times when we were designing DVN. So, I became intimately aware of those limitations. Until you start playing with the Druid this very very rarely comes up.

Oddly enough, once the mist counter is gone, the safest place you can be is in the zone with a Corrosive Orchid. Granted that only works if the equipment you're trying to protect doesn't provide armor. A constant free source of corrode is pretty solid. In one game I took down my opponent's Temple of Asyra with a Corrosive Orchid, which was pretty sweet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.