Subject: Making Transports rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brandon Alderman
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
How many transports can a player place on one navigation route?

I've played this game over a dozen times and this rule eludes me...

Scenario: Player A is attacking Player B at his base. Player B, the defender, has a defensive module. Player A, the attacker, conversely has an offensive module to counter it.

Player A has 2 transports in the navigation route between the 2 planets. When Player A attacks B, he must destroy the transports that he used during that battle. If he has two transports on one navigation route, does he only destroy one transport? That way he can attack twice in a row without a build order inbetween?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
each player may only have one transport on a navigation route
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Alderman
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hey, thanks for the reply.

Is this in the official rules somewhere? I'm missing it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Alderman
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Finally found it on page 21 actually. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Wong
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see what having multiple transports on a navigation route buys you. The transport is an abstract thing. It's a flag that is either true or false. It means either you can use the navigation route or you can't. In no way does it affect how many units can use the navigation route.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MisuVir
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
saxophone wrote:
I don't see what having multiple transports on a navigation route buys you. The transport is an abstract thing. It's a flag that is either true or false. It means either you can use the navigation route or you can't. In no way does it affect how many units can use the navigation route.

The offensive module requires you to destroy a transport. If you were able to build multiple transports, you could utilise these to make multiple attacks on the enemy base without needing a build order between.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.