Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tanner Thurman
United States
The Colony
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know if the Kickstarter stretch goals are exclusive, or will they be included in the retail copy of the game?

I didn't see any mention of it on the Kickstarter page, but maybe I didn't read thoroughly enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. M. Lopez-Cepero "CP"
Spain
Seville
Andalucia
flag msg tools
EU-friendly Kickstarters rule!
badge
"The twilight there holds a serene beauty... You have seen it yourself as the sun sets on this world."
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Are the Kickstarter strech goals exclusive?
Despair wrote:
Does anyone know if the Kickstarter stretch goals are exclusive, or will they be included in the retail copy of the game?

I didn't see any mention of it on the Kickstarter page, but maybe I didn't read thoroughly enough.

They won't be exclusive, and in all likeliness will be available separately from Artipia and/or as addons in later campaigns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanner Thurman
United States
The Colony
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But they won't be included in the base game or current expansion, correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. M. Lopez-Cepero "CP"
Spain
Seville
Andalucia
flag msg tools
badge
"The twilight there holds a serene beauty... You have seen it yourself as the sun sets on this world."
mbmbmbmbmb
Despair wrote:
But they won't be included in the base game or current expansion, correct?

Yes, although it's possible that they will be repackaged in a future expansion. The current Promos expansion is basically the SGs of the two previous campaigns combined in a single box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EDIT andvaranaut was faster: No they won't. The stretch goals will be included in the upcoming "Promos 2". "The Promos 2" will consists of current Kickstarter extra cards and possible Ambassador/Promos reprint Kickstarter campaign (I am just speculating, it could be coming due to Stronghold deal) + Promos 2 campaign (similar to Promos campaign which on the other hand didn't unlock new promo material).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Contig
United States
flag msg tools
(this is not a hint)
badge
(this is still the old picture and I am too lazy to update it)
mbmbmbmbmb
andvaranaut wrote:
Despair wrote:

They won't be exclusive, and in all likeliness will be available separately from Artipia and/or as addons in later campaigns.

This is what I'd expect. It seems like Arpitia uses the "if you buy the set now, you can get them cheaper (and don't have to wait for them to be sold again)" incentive, but they mentioned disinterest in making things exclusive when they discussed the dual locations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanner Thurman
United States
The Colony
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
andvaranaut wrote:
Despair wrote:

Thanks for the info. I'll probably kickstart this then. I don't mind that they are available later, I just hate to back something where the included stretch goals are items that will be included in the base game anyways.

This happened to me with Tammany Hall, and I felt a little burned by it. Especially since the retail copy was available a couple of weeks before I received my copy. I then had a chance to play and didn't like the game. When I went to sell it, I had to offer even lower than retail since there was nothing extra or special included in the Kickstarter version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Buonocore
United States
BOYNTON BEACH
FL
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
batanen wrote:
EDIT andvaranaut was faster: No they won't. The stretch goals will be included in the upcoming "Promos 2". "The Promos 2" will consists of current Kickstarter extra cards and possible Ambassador/Promos reprint Kickstarter campaign (I am just speculating, it could be coming due to Stronghold deal) + Promos 2 campaign (similar to Promos campaign which on the other hand didn't unlock new promo material).

VERY IMPORTANT NOTES HERE:

Artipia Games and Stronghold Games do not like "exclusives". So, we strive to not have these. We want gamers to be able to get all items in SOME way besides the Kickstarter.

Having said that, please note the following:

1. The promos from this Kickstarter will be made available in a new boxed RETAIL expansion called PROMOS 2 available from both Stronghold Games and Artipia Games, (just like like there was a Promos 1 retail boxed game). Stronghold Games is commmited to carrying this expansion (and all the expansions for Among The Stars, which so far is "The Ambassadors" and "Promos 1").

2. There will be (in all likelihood) a special promo card for the conventions season, available from Stronghold Games and Artipia Games!
This promo card will have different art for the Stronghold version and the Artipia version, so by visiting both booths at Essen (for instance) you can get both versions of the card if you would like (though the gameplay of the cards is the same).
Stronghold Games will have this promo card for distribution for FREE in the following ways:
- at GenCon
- at Essen
- at BGG.CON
...AND, it will be sent to all of the Stronghold Games preorder customers as well.

As you can see, Stronghold Games and Artipia Games is working very closely to give fans of this game the best possible experience.

Thanks,
Stephen M. Buonocore
Stronghold Games LLC
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ST Nieuwoudt
South Africa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since the Kickstarter campaign is to get the game reprinted, does it mean that I can only get hold of the game via the KS campaign or will additional copies of the game be printed as well?

The reason for asking is that I'm not able to back the KS now but I would love to get hold of both the game and expansion in a two or three months.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vangelis Bagiartakis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The game and all extra material will also be available later outside of KS, don't worry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. M. Lopez-Cepero "CP"
Spain
Seville
Andalucia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
avyssaleos wrote:
The game and all extra material will also be available later outside of KS, don't worry.

Will you also offer them as addons in the New Dawn campaign? whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Gambatese
United States
Mentor
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
evilone wrote:
batanen wrote:

VERY IMPORTANT NOTES HERE:

Artipia Games and Stronghold Games do not like "exclusives". So, we strive to not have these. We want gamers to be able to get all items in SOME way besides the Kickstarter.

Having said that, please note the following:

1. The promos from this Kickstarter will be made available in a new boxed RETAIL expansion called PROMOS 2 available from both Stronghold Games and Artipia Games, (just like like there was a Promos 1 retail boxed game). Stronghold Games is commmited to carrying this expansion (and all the expansions for Among The Stars, which so far is "The Ambassadors" and "Promos 1").

2. There will be (in all likelihood) a special promo card for the conventions season, available from Stronghold Games and Artipia Games!
This promo card will have different art for the Stronghold version and the Artipia version, so by visiting both booths at Essen (for instance) you can get both versions of the card if you would like (though the gameplay of the cards is the same).
Stronghold Games will have this promo card for distribution for FREE in the following ways:
- at GenCon
- at Essen
- at BGG.CON
...AND, it will be sent to all of the Stronghold Games preorder customers as well.

As you can see, Stronghold Games and Artipia Games is working very closely to give fans of this game the best possible experience.

Thanks,
Stephen M. Buonocore
Stronghold Games LLC

How about at Origins? after all it is the biggest board game convention in the USAwhistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Buonocore
United States
BOYNTON BEACH
FL
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The game will not be release by Origins, nor will we have promo cards by then.

Thanks,
Stephen M. Buonocore
Stronghold Games LLC

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Popov Victor
msg tools
any news on the promos 2 expansion?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.