Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Rune Age» Forums » Rules

Subject: Three Questions after two solo plays: Healing, "Opposing Units" and drawing. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll keep this short. I suspect I already know the answer to these questions, but I want confirmation.

#1: Healing -- This game doesn't have any healing mechanics, does it? Funny that escaped my notice till after purchasing the game. I question the sense of this move, unless I've overlooked something.

#2 - Opposing Units: I suspect this term relates to player vs player interactions only, yes? Example would be the Human Bowman unit (discard a card to destroy one opposing unit, etc).

#3 - I get most of the draw rules. A point of clarification, though: after an instant attacks a player, they do not draw back up to 5 after defending against it, right?

So it is entirely possible to start your turn and not have everybody at 5 cards (yourself in solo or another player, presuming they were the target of the instant).

Thanks for the clarifications! #3 is the big one for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Franco
United States
Maplewood
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
If you could touch the alien sand and hear the cries of strange birds and watch them wheel in another sky, would that satisfy you?
mbmbmbmbmb
Anarchosyn wrote:
#1: Healing -- This game doesn't have any healing mechanics, does it? Funny that escaped my notice till after purchasing the game. I question the sense of this move, unless I've overlooked something.

There is a card called Reprieve in the expansion that heals allies, but that's about it.

Anarchosyn wrote:
#2 - Opposing Units: I suspect this term relates to player vs player interactions only, yes? Example would be the Human Bowman unit (discard a card to destroy one opposing unit, etc).

Correct. This cannot be used against event deck enemies.

Anarchosyn wrote:
#3 - I get most of the draw rules. A point of clarification, though: after an instant attacks a player, they do not draw back up to 5 after defending against it, right?

So it is entirely possible to start your turn and not have everybody at 5 cards (yourself in solo or another player, presuming they were the target of the instant).

Wrong. See page 9 of the rulebook:

Quote:
After the Event card is resolved, all players draw back up to five cards in hand and the game round continues as normal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
logopolys wrote:

Anarchosyn wrote:

Wrong. See page 9 of the rulebook:

Quote:
After the Event card is resolved, all players draw back up to five cards in hand and the game round continues as normal.

Cool. That was the bit I was expecting to be wrong on. That makes things a little better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett
United States
Laredo
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Regarding the lack of healing, I think it was a good move. It keeps the pace of the game moving forward so the game doesn't stall out. It's one of the aspects that makes games shorter which is one of the selling points of this game, in my opinion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro F
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Agreed. You are always going to your Doom, no way back. Reprieve is part of a 1 vs many scenario and it needed a card useful for a side and less useful for the another. This makes the overlord scenario too long for my taste.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.