United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
You found me!
badge
Hiss.
mbmbmbmbmb
Harmony 6-Agenda

My strategy is to score 2 3-pt agendas while pressuring the runner not to run on remotes for fear of flatline. Shi.Kyu is amazing in this deck as it requires the runner to steal 3 agendas instead of 2 to win. Chairman Hiro is great support for brain and net damage and his greatest drawback almost never counts against him in this deck since all agendas are 3 points and it's 6 to win. Ultimately, the strength of this deck is that you're playing to two agendas and the runner is playing to three.

Obviously, the weakness is R&D, but the low agenda density, x3 Snare!, and The Future Perfect help prevent R&D wins.

Harmony Medtech: Biomedical Pioneer
(44 cards)

Agenda (6)
3 Priority Requisition
3 The Future Perfect

Asset (13)
3 Cerebral Overwriter
1 Chairman Hiro
2 Project Junebug
1 Ronin
3 Shi.Kyu
3 Snare!

Upgrade (1)
1 Caprice Nisei

Operation (10)
3 Hedge Fund
3 Medical Research Fundraiser
3 Mushin No Shin
1 Subliminal Messaging

Barrier (4)
3 Paper Wall
1 Wall of Thorns

Code Gate (4)
2 Chum
1 Inazuma
1 Yagura

Sentry (6)
2 Fenris
1 Matrix Analyzer
3 Neural Katana
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mychal
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With the singleton Wall of Thorns being the only ice in your deck that gets decent value out of Priority Requisition, this might be an instance where Executive Retreat is a better option. Occasionally you might have to shuffle a good hand back into R&D, but I think more often it'll be worth it to mix things up and keep the runner on their toes, especially since you're not running Precognition or Shiro.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zeb
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
You found me!
badge
Hiss.
mbmbmbmbmb
Skylar114 wrote:
With the singleton Wall of Thorns being the only ice in your deck that gets decent value out of Priority Requisition, this might be an instance where Executive Retreat is a better option. Occasionally you might have to shuffle a good hand back into R&D, but I think more often it'll be worth it to mix things up and keep the runner on their toes, especially since you're not running Precognition or Shiro.

Now that you mention it, it would be a good idea, if for no other reason than for breaking R&D lock. I guess I shied away because Exec Retreat has burned me

Also, I would like to find space for at least x2 Neural EMP and maybe another Caprice. I'm not sure how Mushin is going to work, but it should be interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Nordeng
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zebadiah wrote:
Skylar114 wrote:

Now that you mention it, it would be a good idea, if for no other reason than for breaking R&D lock. I guess I shied away because Exec Retreat has burned me

Also, I would like to find space for at least x2 Neural EMP and maybe another Caprice. I'm not sure how Mushin is going to work, but it should be interesting.

I built a similar deck, untested, but ya, on the surface Exec Retreat seems much stronger. This is going to be a roller coaster of a build! Can't wait to try it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spyder Murphy
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Going to be trying this myself. Was running with the same basic build concept, though I was struggling with certain specifics.

Edit
One thing I do like with this deck is how it stops Archive runs to charge data sucker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bowden
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I like this deck and will be trying something similar but with 3 matrix analyzers and 2 cerebral overwriters.

Edit: oh and the big ass deflector sentry too to get extra mileage out of shi.kyu and priority req
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
DGB246 wrote:
I like this deck and will be trying something similar but with 3 matrix analyzers and 2 cerebral overwriters.

Edit: oh and the big ass deflector sentry too to get extra mileage out of shi.kyu and priority req

I don't know that I'd run the Analyser (unless you're also running Neotoko Grid - funsies!) but Susano on R&D or HQ should be hilarious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny G
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also if you are going to include Inazuma the. You should also run juicy ice for them to run into. At the moment the only option would be fenris and to me it seems a bit of a waste

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
gawbo005 wrote:
Also if you are going to include Inazuma the. You should also run juicy ice for them to run into. At the moment the only option would be fenris and to me it seems a bit of a waste

You can also use it to force the runner to access a server by not rezzing any other ICE behind it (confirmed by Lukas in another thread).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corwin David
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I built this deck 2 days ago, before seeing this article. I think it's funny how close we are as far as builds go.

Harmony Medivance (44 cards)

Harmony Medtech: Biomedical Pioneer

Agenda (6)
3 Priority Requisition
3 The Future Perfect

Asset (11)
2 Aggressive Secretary
2 Cerebral Overwriter
2 Melange Mining Corp
2 Ronin
3 Snare!

Operation (12)
3 Celebrity Gift
3 Hedge Fund
3 Mushin No Shin
3 Trick of Light

Barrier (3)
2 Bastion
1 Wall of Thorns

Code Gate (2)
2 Inazuma

Sentry (7)
2 Fenris
2 Neural Katana
1 Shinobi
1 Susanoo-No-Mikoto
1 Tsurugi

ICE (3)
2 Chimera
1 Shiro

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zeb
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
You found me!
badge
Hiss.
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the Agg secretary, but I need to influence to focus on the flatline threat. Why Susanoo?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corwin David
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zebadiah wrote:
I like the Agg secretary, but I need to influence to focus on the flatline threat. Why Susanoo?

I was thinking it would be nice to have if I really need to score out. It can probably be cut, but it's taxing enough to give me a scoring window. Once you get the first 3 pointer you're at match point and the game gets really crazy.

Edit: Mushin No Shin gets amazing at match point. Celebrity gift makes it even better. Since you're able to get to match point so quickly the runner has to make bad choices.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zeb
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
You found me!
badge
Hiss.
mbmbmbmbmb
My reasoning was that a smaller deck needed to be more focused in its strategy. I want to force the runner to run before they're ready, running into Fenris and Neural Katana, maybe a Cerebral Overwriter. If they don't run, I can score while they get their mimic or other sentry breaker. Putting in Agg Sec would mean replacing the Paper Walls with Himitsu Bako as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corwin David
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zebadiah wrote:
My reasoning was that a smaller deck needed to be more focused in its strategy. I want to force the runner to run before they're ready, running into Fenris and Neural Katana, maybe a Cerebral Overwriter. If they don't run, I can score while they get their mimic or other sentry breaker. Putting in Agg Sec would mean replacing the Paper Walls with Himitsu Bako as well.

The aggsec is just another way to get a scoring window. It could be cut... but I won't know for sure till I actually play with the deck

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zeb
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
You found me!
badge
Hiss.
mbmbmbmbmb
DJhedgehog wrote:
Zebadiah wrote:

The aggsec is just another way to get a scoring window. It could be cut... but I won't know for sure till I actually play with the deck

Let me know how it goes, I'll be playing this, my Caprice Off the Grid deck, and another Jinteki flatline deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Zebadiah wrote:

Susanoo them into a waiting Shi Kyu in Archives?

Oh wait, he's not playing Shi Kyu o.O

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corwin David
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CommissarFeesh wrote:
Zebadiah wrote:

Susanoo them into a waiting Shi Kyu in Archives?

Oh wait, he's not playing Shi Kyu o.O

Maybe worth playing a 1 or 2 of Shi Kyu. I'm not super hip to it because I won't have tons of money to throw around. If I'm dropping 9 on Susanoo, it's in hopes to protect a 5/3. Otherwise, he's a great target for Priority Requisition and a great piece of taxing ICE.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zeb
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
You found me!
badge
Hiss.
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly, with this deck, you can't afford NOT to play Shi Kyu. It changes the game significantly when the runner has to score 50% more than the corp to win. If it's good in any deck, it's a damage-focused Harmony Medtech.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corwin David
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zebadiah wrote:
Honestly, with this deck, you can't afford NOT to play Shi Kyu. It changes the game significantly when the runner has to score 50% more than the corp to win. If it's good in any deck, it's a damage-focused Harmony Medtech.

That makes sense, and I don't disagree with you. My thought process was that if I can't do enough damage to flatline them, they would never take the -1 agenda. That means pumping 4-6 credits in when they hit it. Plus, it's a 0 trash from R&D which increases the chance of them catching an agenda on an R&D access.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spyder Murphy
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
DJhedgehog wrote:
Zebadiah wrote:

That makes sense, and I don't disagree with you. My thought process was that if I can't do enough damage to flatline them, they would never take the -1 agenda. That means pumping 4-6 credits in when they hit it. Plus, it's a 0 trash from R&D which increases the chance of them catching an agenda on an R&D access.
You only need to land it once. Also, Future Perfect has a good chance of not being stolen from R&D, additional is that with a single Shi Kyu in archives you can seriously hamper Data Sucker charging, as until they take it as an agenda, you can keep poking them for what ever credits you feel you can afford.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zeb
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
You found me!
badge
Hiss.
mbmbmbmbmb
DJhedgehog wrote:
Zebadiah wrote:

That's true, it's going to be very expensive to use if you have no other flatline threat and they can just take damage and draw back up. That's a big reason why I included brain damage though, it helps make them take that -1 point.

This deck is going to be so much fun

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corwin David
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zebadiah wrote:
DJhedgehog wrote:
Zebadiah wrote:

That's true, it's going to be very expensive to use if you have no other flatline threat and they can just take damage and draw back up. That's a big reason why I included brain damage though, it helps make them take that -1 point.

I took a similar approach. Really, the brain damage just lowers the credits required to make the card a threat, but it's still going to cost a decent amount until they take the point.

To the above post, future perfect is... perfect in this deck.

EDIT: God forbid your opponent is playing net damage mitigation. Deus X laughs at Shi Kyu.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spyder Murphy
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
DJhedgehog wrote:

EDIT: God forbid your opponent is playing net damage mitigation. Deus X laughs at Shi Kyu.
More concerned with Feedback Fliter, the Shaper one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zeb
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
You found me!
badge
Hiss.
mbmbmbmbmb
Deus X sucks against damage Jinteki in general, but yes, it really hurts Shi Kyu.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Pettigrew
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Zebadiah wrote:
Deus X sucks against damage Jinteki in general, but yes, it really hurts Shi Kyu.

...as long as you never run Archives again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.