Hide
8 Posts

Love Letter» Forums » General

Subject: 2014 Edition rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J E
msg tools
Just ordered this game on Amazon after seeing it in my local game store (I know, should have just bought from there to support them, but wanted to do more research first). However, the one on Amazon *looks* like it might be an older print from what I saw in the store. Looking now there is an edition to be released "April 2014" and I was wondering if this version has a better cardstock as the flimsy cards were noted in some reviews. I think this is the version I saw in the physical store because of the shape of the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Reaser
United States
Morgantown
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you link us to the Amazon page for the one you bought? Otherwise I don't think there's enough info to be able to answer your question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J E
msg tools
Here it is:

http://www.amazon.com/Alderac-Entertainment-Group-5104AEG-Le...

This is clearly the older one, assuming the product that arrives is the product pictured. The question is does the newer reprint have cards that will hold up better without sleeves?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Reaser
United States
Morgantown
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To my knowledge the components inside the box are the same and the cards have the same quality in both editions, the only practical difference being the packaging.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J E
msg tools
I bought both editions and they appear to be the same. The only difference is the packaging and the rulebook is larger for the boxed edition. I didn't do a side-by-side comparison of the rules, so there may be some rule changes or clarifications, but components look identical.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J E
msg tools
FWIW, I also got an email from AEG confirming components are the same for the 2014 boxed edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Howes
Wales
Blackwood
Gwent, UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the velvet bag in the 2014 boxed edition? I can't find that detail anywhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Suzanna
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So the Boxed Edition IS, in fact, out? I preordered mine from CSI back in February, and they've been holding a whole order of mine until they get it in. They told me a few days ago they were waiting for the publisher to update the release date, and were hoping it would be out by the end of May.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.