Hide
9 Posts

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Kazon Fleet rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas wilson
msg tools
Hi , so i've been dared todo a kazon fleet for next OP.

Gotta be faction pure ......this is more or less the best i could come up with after a couple of hours.

Kazon Pure

Resource: Flagship Independent (Romulan/Klingon) (10)

Nistrim Raider (20)
Rettik (1)
Flagship (0)
Photonic Charges (3)
Masking Circuitry (3)
Ship SP: 27

Kazon Raider (18)
Kazon captain (0)
Photonic Charges (3)
Ship SP: 21

Kazon Raider (18)
Kazon Captain (0)
Photonic Charges (3)

Kazon Raider (18)
Kazon Captain (0)
Photonic Charges (3)

Total Build SP: 100

My challenge to you guys is to improve this .

P.S. First post please be nice
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bruce
United States
Elgin
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Wait. If faction pure I don't see what else can be done aside from throwing in independent cards on the flagship. The Kazon only have one release.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
charles skrobis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly, I've been thinking of something like this, and was kind of disappointed when the Generic Kazon ship didn't have a tech slot. (What's the point of masking circuitry being generic then?)

I actually like it, battle stations is probably the best action for this to make the Photonic charges hit to force Aux tokens, or be spent as evades to make the ship last till it can fire. (4 Aux toekns say your ship can't take actions for the next 3 turns if not more!!!!)

Good luck when it comes time to run it, should be fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas wilson
msg tools
IDD with masking circuitry if generic had tech slot kazon might have stood a chance.

you can get 2 tech slots going with use of a flag shipped generic something i toyed with but you end up with 3 ships two of them have second rate cloaks and not alot else .....

.... well there's always the hope one of the OP bricks in collective event is a predator class and give me something more to work with in future

*Edit* do you guys think independent Romulan or Klingon flagship would be better ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
charles skrobis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say the Romulan.

It would give your ship a free action battle stations rather than adding a scan to the action bar.

Though if you're just looking for the aura buff to make their attacks hurt a bit more, the Klingon is better. (+1 defense or +1 attack at range 2-3.)

Really depends on if you feel you want more survival or better attack, cause these ships might need some of both.

(Still love their 180 degree firing arcs.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zraktor wrote:
you can get 2 tech slots going with use of a flag shipped generic something i toyed with but you end up with 3 ships two of them have second rate cloaks and not alot else .....

I still think it's a decent idea, actually; Photonic charges don't synergize with the Nistrim's ship ability, so you can drop the photonics from the Nistrim ship and use those three points to put the Klingon flagship and masking circuitry on one of the generics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boardgame Geek
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not that I'm terribly in love with the Kazon (far from it infact) but it would be nice to see their larger carrier ship show up for varieties sake.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan M D Thomas
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MaximumDT wrote:
Not that I'm terribly in love with the Kazon (far from it infact) but it would be nice to see their larger carrier ship show up for varieties sake.

Indeed, I like what they are doing, but they really need that second bigger ship to flesh out more options. The game has a decided lack of 1800m (8 hull?) ships at the moment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Kelly
United States
Florence
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We will eventually see another 1 or 2 Kazon ships in some capacity, but it'll take time

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.