VivaJava: The Coffee Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: End of game triggered by how flexible no. of points? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
LUCEOID
Scotland
Glasgow
flag msg tools
So, like, the first game I played with my group of 6 felt pretty short. The game ends once someone reaches the 21 point mark, right? (I'm citing from memory - if it's a different but similar number, i don't need correcting)

Why is there so much space for so many more points on the board then? There isn't a way of elongating the game is there? I vaguely recall just about running out of blends, so probably not unless we were to recycle blends.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mesich
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Horta chortles.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
herbeey87 wrote:
So, like, the first game I played with my group of 6 felt pretty short. The game ends once someone reaches the 21 point mark, right? (I'm citing from memory - if it's a different but similar number, i don't need correcting)

Why is there so much space for so many more points on the board then? There isn't a way of elongating the game is there? I vaguely recall just about running out of blends, so probably not unless we were to recycle blends.

The game ends there, yes. But it doesn't end til the end of a turn where someone reaches (and perhaps surpasses) it, where you then add the points from your research board and possibly bonus points from flavor cards.

I've seen games with players in the low-to-mid 30's as a final score.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TC Petty III
United States
Carlisle
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
XENON PROFITEER 2015!
mbmbmbmbmb
mmesich wrote:
herbeey87 wrote:

The game ends there, yes. But it doesn't end til the end of a turn where someone reaches (and perhaps surpasses) it, where you then add the points from your research board and possibly bonus points from flavor cards.

I've seen games with players in the low-to-mid 30's as a final score.

Yep, what he said. And I've seen the lower player counts (3-4) rocket nearly off the scoreboard.

A good gauge as to whether there might be something off, is VivaJava with 5-8 players tends to last 7 full rounds (rarely 6, sometimes 8).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel
Netherlands
Den haag
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
herbeey87 wrote:

A late reply, but did you add the PP gained from reseach after the game ended or during the game? it should be the former.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.