Subject: Weather Hills and Chetwood rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Lanser
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe I'm just really tired or I'm reading it wrong, but how does the location Weather Hills work?

The card text says "While an enemy is under this location, it is out of play." The "it" is kind of vague. At first I though "it" referred to the location, which would be weird. But now that I'm looking at it again, I could see how the language could be construed as saying that enemy is out of play. Which is it, and what ramifications does that have for play? Thanks for the help!

I also meant to ask about Chetwood. Do you see the affects as stacking with multiple copies (+1 threat and damage to Spy enemies)? If so, I probably should have lost my current game earlier due to threat lock, but I wasn't sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Fanchi
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gnomicus wrote:
Maybe I'm just really tired or I'm reading it wrong, but how does the location Weather Hills work?

The card text says "While an enemy is under this location, it is out of play." The "it" is kind of vague. At first I though "it" referred to the location, which would be weird. But now that I'm looking at it again, I could see how the language could be construed as saying that enemy is out of play. Which is it, and what ramifications does that have for play? Thanks for the help!

The "it" is the enemy. The ramifications are that the enemy doesn't add its threat, attack, engage, or do anything else. It is as if the card was still in the encounter deck. It also means that if you put the last Nazgul under there and you are on stage 3, you win the game.

Gnomicus wrote:
I also meant to ask about Chetwood. Do you see the affects as stacking with multiple copies (+1 threat and damage to Spy enemies)? If so, I probably should have lost my current game earlier due to threat lock, but I wasn't sure.

Yes, they stack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Lanser
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the reply. That all makes sense. If be more bummed about the threat out from Chetwood, but it just means I get to play this awesome expansion some more. Easy mode is brutal enough so far. I can't imagine what normal will be like.

Tha being said, I should really put a warning on my box that says, "Lots of rules! Do not play when tired!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.