Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
30 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Nothing Personal: Power & Influence» Forums » News

Subject: Nothing Personal: The Expansions - Launching on Kickstarter on May 1st rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Game Salute
United States
Londonderry
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Game Salute is delighted to announce that the two new expansions of Nothing Personal - Power & Influence and Associates - will be launching on Kickstarter on Thursday, May 1st, 2014.

New Cards, New Gangsters, New Rules... but it's still Nothing Personal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are we gonna find out if anyone gets free copies? for those who helped with ideas
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D F Visker
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
Amicis Inimicis Promptus
mbmbmbmbmb
That's great news. Thanks for the heads up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Salute
United States
Londonderry
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And the campaign is live!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gamesalute/nothing-pers...

Dustin - I'm not sure... were those promised before?

Michael
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"This thread is for you to input ideas you have for special powers. Each player will draw a couple of special powers, and keep one. I want powers that are fairly simple, and don't require a FAQ just to work with. I can't and won't promise to use them, but if we do, we'll send you a free copy of the expansion when it comes out"

some of us game alot of info, surely he took some ideas :)

here are the links to each thread
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1080513/design-special-power...

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1080512/design-a-character-f...

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1080514/design-new-influence...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Otto von Whackjob
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely not sure how I feel about this response and I'm definitely not sure how I feel about paying $45 for two decks of cards. Wasn't the original game around $50???

And the campaign is live!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gamesalute/nothing-pers......

Dustin - I'm not sure... were those promised before?

Michael
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Otto von Whackjob wrote:
Definitely not sure how I feel about this response and I'm definitely not sure how I feel about paying $45 for two decks of cards. Wasn't the original game around $50???

I was interested but seeing the price, it sounds a bit pricey...especially to get the original game with the expansions...$120??? For some cards and tokens???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Kempf
United States
Jefferson City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing personal, but I'm glad I didn't jump on the bandwagon to pick up this game originally. $45 for two small boxes of cards? Really?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Dunagan
United States
Clermont
GA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With an expected delivery of October 2015....lol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Kempf
United States
Jefferson City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SeerMagic wrote:
"This thread is for you to input ideas you have for special powers. Each player will draw a couple of special powers, and keep one. I want powers that are fairly simple, and don't require a FAQ just to work with. I can't and won't promise to use them, but if we do, we'll send you a free copy of the expansion when it comes out"

some of us game alot of info, surely he took some ideas

here are the links to each thread
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1080513/design-special-power...

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1080512/design-a-character-f...

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1080514/design-new-influence...

Dustin, just remember, you all may have designed some cards and such that they had already "designed" themselves. /winkwinknudgenudge

Carthage wrote:
With an expected delivery of October 2015....lol.

Maybe that's Game Salute's new strategy, delivery dates so far out they can't help but hit them or be a bit early?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
United States
Grand Rapids
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vacabck wrote:
Nothing personal, but I'm glad I didn't jump on the bandwagon to pick up this game originally. $45 for two small boxes of cards? Really?

I was looking all over the KS page trying to figure out why it was $45.

Yikes... I enjoy the game, but I'll be passing on this. Also I'll have celebrated 2 birthdays if this releases on schedule. lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
noah caldwell
United States
galt
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I spent 120 on mercs recon and less for forgotten kingdoms, which I felt was a way better deal.. I think the game would do a lot better if it was at the $ 80 price point and that's pushing it. For 120 those cards better turn into minis lol but hey, it's nothing personal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Let me give you some perspective here regarding how ridiculous it is what Game Salute is doing.

I recently backed a Kickstarter by Funforge where they not only produce an actual 'collectors edition' of their game Tokaido, but also remake art, create three dozen miniatures, create soundtracks, new characters, a new expansion and a full set of all other kind of great quality components and will deliver it by november of this year. You can read more about it at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/funforge/tokaido-collec....

Do you know how much I paid for the complete Collector's Edition of Tokaido? $135, which includes shipping to EU and delivery by november of this year.

Nothing Personal Kickstarter campaign promises you two decks of cards and if you don't have the original game, then also the second printing of the game with the fixed board. But it takes them one and a half years of production time and $180 if I want it in EU.

!?!?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
colin darra
Wales
LINCOLN
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to add my voice here. I was excited to hear about an expansion, I love the game, especially the outstanding quality of the components, my only disappointment was the original rulebook.

But this Kickstarter seems very expensive, and there doesn't appear to be any detail in regard the content and of the stretch awards.

I'm holding off on backing this for now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Salute
United States
Londonderry
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kristo, I've explained in the comments on the campaign why these expansions cost what they cost. Art is not cheap, and with each card in the set having its own individual images, there's no way we could deliver this cheaper.

Also, the art is the reason for why the projected dates are October 2015. It takes time to make something look this good, especially if it's just two guys working on the project.

Michael

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Game Salute wrote:
Kristo, I've explained in the comments on the campaign why these expansions cost what they cost. Art is not cheap, and with each card in the set having its own individual images, there's no way we could deliver this cheaper.

Also, the art is the reason for why the projected dates are October 2015. It takes time to make something look this good, especially if it's just two guys working on the project.

Michael

A game like Ascension comes out each year (~12 months) with ~250 cards total with about 50 unique in each costing $40 MSRP together with other plastic components and a game board.

How many cards are you talking about then in the expansions? What is the actual number? Because why did the main game cost $45 (which included 150 cards, both gangsters and influence) but also included every other game component?

Young Turks expansion included 54 cards and cost $15.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jez Overton
United Kingdom
Bedford
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Game Salute wrote:
Art is not cheap...art is the reason for why the projected dates are October 2015.

I think everyone appreciates that art costs money and time, but there is no explanation as to why this game seems more expensive and takes more time to produce than games with similar components.

If there is something that makes these expansions unique, then I've missed it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Speer
United States
Fargo
North Dakota
flag msg tools
Gravity Falls
badge
Remember, reality is an illusion, the universe is a hologram, buy gold, bye!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll make you a deal. I'll get you my 45 dollar pledge if you get me a fixed board with an enlarged score track, no misprints on the board, fixes for cards with clarification, and a non- sucky rule book. Deal?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Fraser
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I walked into the expansion kickstarter with my wallet out and wide open, but then I saw the price...and I backed away slowly and quietly closed the door behind me.

If/when it reaches online stores I'll consider picking up a copy, but until then I can be counted out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler DeLisle
United States
Richardson
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in the same boat as others here. I've been eagerly anticipating this expansion since Nothing Personal became one of my top 3 games. I didn't think anything would deter me from throwing down on the expansion immediately, or the Kickstarter.

Then I saw the $45 price-tag... and the 16 month production schedule.

$30 is about my maximum cut off for an expansion, and that's pushing it. It's hard to justify that much when you can buy a completely new game for the same price.

I realize there are two expansions being lumped together for some absurd reason. One is just a deck of cards, similar to the Young Turks deck which was 10 dollars. I don't feel the need for another deck of mobsters, so I would prefer to pass on that all together. But that still means the "real" expansion is $35 on it's own, which still feels steep considering it's just cards and character tablets.

I might spring for Power & Influence when I see it in a store front some day, but I'm sadly going to have to pass on the Kickstarter. Hopefully after the years when this finally comes out, the pain I feel in my heart will have abated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JP LaChance
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Game Salute wrote:

Michael

Can someone explain how the base game + expansion "package" @ $120 is more expensive than the base game @ $50 + the expansion @$45 ???

Sorry I don't mean to pee on your parade but I don't get it, the "package price" is "typically" less expensive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think maybe GS are factoring in Young Turks at $20-25, the same price as the other expansions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Reigns
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For a little perspective, Nothing Personal's base game with a goal of $30k, funded by day 2

Here we are on day 5 and the funding goal has still not been met for the expansions. Some people look at these projects and feel that money is no object and they'd gladly pay just about anything. But many people, myself included, need a little more to justify a purchase. Don't get me wrong, I love the base game, and I want to support Tom and Steve, but things have to be reasonable. Maybe I'm missing something, but it looks to me like you're wanting the same cost of the base game($45) for twice the content that you had provided in a mini expansion previously offered for $15 (now $12 in the geek store). So logically speaking, these expansions should cost something like $30, right? My girlfriend is a graphic designer and I have a few friends who are artists, so I really do appreciate that artists need to be paid, but why did the artist's cost skyrocket? I noticed that (at least according to BGG), you have 3 less artists this time, is this the problem?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jez Overton
United Kingdom
Bedford
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Both the Viticulture and Fleet expansions (like Nothing Personal, both highly regarded Kickstarter games) went gangbusters and funded in the first few hours. The NP expansions will fund, but it looks like they'll creep over the line rather than surpass the original game's funding.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mingyan Feng
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since Game Salute keeps bringing up the art costs a lot of money, I really want to see a pie chart of how the fund is allocated to art commission, production, logistics and such.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.