Popular Tags: 2014 [+] One_More_Box [+] [View All]
Patrick Hahn
United States
Medina
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I've been thinking about this for a while & thought I'd throw it out here.

Would it be useful to have an "I'm Able to Teach This Game" checkbox on the user collection page?

Several members of my gaming group, myself included, have fairly sizable collections.

I thought it might be cool & helpful to be able to sort collections by those titles that someone feels comfortable teaching to the group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
gavin923 wrote:
I thought it might be cool & helpful to be able to sort collections by those titles that someone feels comfortable teaching to the group.

Tags can fill in gaps for traits you dream up. For example, here is everything you've tagged, "Kickstarter": /tag/kickstarter/user/gavin923

Tags can be combined, which is nice, but they don't work in the collection view. An alternative hack is to use Wishlist Comments. See instructions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Hahn
United States
Medina
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. That could certainly be useful.

But how about if I wanted to sort a friend's collection by games he's able to teach?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
gavin923 wrote:
But how about if I wanted to sort a friend's collection by games he's able to teach?

In either example, you end up with a URL that contains your username. Change that part to your friend's username. As long as s/he follows the same convention, it will work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timur Tabi
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The problem with a custom tag is that it's not universal and well known.

I'd like to set up a system where members can search for other members nearby who are willing to teach certain games. They can then contact those members and set up some kind of Meetup or game day or whatever to teach those games.

For example, I'd love to be able to generate a list of games that I own but have never played (and therefore, I don't know how to play them), and than match that list with people within a 5-mile radius who are willing to teach those games.

I can't do this if no one uses the tag. By making it part of the "Collection", then it will be a useful tool, and we can actually set up a system where BGG users can get together and teach other games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.