Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Bayes
United States
O'Fallon
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
i was just wondering if it really mattered what order you get the expansions in. from what I've seen and read it doesn't matter but wanted to be sure

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, the order doesn't matter technically, but it may for your preference.

Rise of the Demons brought in cursed dice that has not been supported in future expansions, you may want to stay away from this one.

Quarmegeddon is a great expansion that brings in more variety.

Quest of the Qladiator introduces the 'locked' dice mechanic, you may want this one last.

Quartifacts brings in quests, which is essentially giving you more choices on what to do with your dice, something that helps deepen the game.

My *opinion*, is get Quarmegeddon if you just want more variety, get Quartifacts if you want to deepen the gameplay.

Jorune
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Roy
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jorune wrote:
No, the order doesn't matter technically, but it may for your preference.

Rise of the Demons brought in cursed dice that has not been supported in future expansions, you may want to stay away from this one.

Quarmegeddon is a great expansion that brings in more variety.

Quest of the Qladiator introduces the 'locked' dice mechanic, you may want this one last.

Quartifacts brings in quests, which is essentially giving you more choices on what to do with your dice, something that helps deepen the game.

My *opinion*, is get Quarmegeddon if you just want more variety, get Quartifacts if you want to deepen the gameplay.

Jorune

I'll keep this for future reference as well (I have Quarmageddon, but not sure if/when I'll pick up any of the rest).

And is it just me who finds it ironic that an expansion with "Quest" in the title is *not* the one that introduces quests?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Farmington
Arkansas
flag msg tools
Hobby aquariums are just like board games: except wet, fishy, and you can't play them.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually enjoy Rise of the Demons in the game...but you have to take care to follow a variant of some sort. You can find lots of discussion on the forums here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Bayes
United States
O'Fallon
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks. This is really helpful. Think ill go with Quarmegeddon first. But not right now. But do plan on getting them all at some point

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Montgomery
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What does Quarmegeddon add? I thought it was just more creatures and spells. Doesn't Quartifacts add the more creatures plus quests?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Bayes
United States
O'Fallon
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
can all the dice fit in the Quarmegeddon box?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Roy
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
backspace8908 wrote:
can all the dice fit in the Quarmegeddon box?

I have the base set and Quarmageddon and they all fit in my Quarmegeddon box, yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Montgomery
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think they can all fit in the base box. You can put some on top of the clear insert.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.