Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Naylor
United Kingdom
Keighley
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
Despite a full and quite unequivocal refund (for p&p too) and no attempt as yet from the ebay seller to retrieve this 1st edition game, i find that i'm still "gutted" as its in a pristine condition with everything there but for 156 chits short. Yes, thats right, 156 chits short. shake
Whats a man to do? I can think only to cry. To sob in fact.
Recommendations Gentlemen please!
(And Ladies dont be shy)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Notmyreallastnameberg
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If I understand you correctly, the buyer asked for a refund after you sold him (or her) the game, and returned the item to you. When you received it, it was missing the chits. If that's the case you can dispute the refund with eBay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Naylor
United Kingdom
Keighley
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
Ah, not exactly Mr Notmyreallastnameberg. And its got messy. i won and paid for the game, he sent it 156 chits short, i naturally chose the full refund button (no real alternative but i should have just wrote) whilst informing him of the shortfall, he then immediately instantly refunds. I then write to him saying its such a shame does he not know where the rest of the game went to? and its then that he chooses to tell me he still has it with him. Im trying to get the transaction going in the direction it originally should but he wants his game back. This is because i got it cheap in the firstplace. Ebay have closed the case the moment he refunded but tell me im not responsible for the return costs. But i want the game, complete and i believe this guy initially made a genuine error but then has thought to refund me to stop me getting the game after all, or has even possibly withheld the chits in the first place to sabotage the deal and get back his game to sell again. He may even have only admitted he has the chits once he felt safe to do so if the latter was the case.
I rather fed up of some of my fellow gamers lately, i spent couple of hours only yesterday checking and verifying what are the missing 2 chits of Samurai as well , only for the seller to say, essentially "hey yeah send it back i'll refund ya", again cos i got it cheap. Think theres any threads out there where gamers exchange stories about how theyve been ripped of by each other by any chance? If not i should start one! Thank you for your concern Rob and of course if you have any advice please let me know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Young
United States
Independence
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Check with COA before you send the game back, maybe they have counter sheets you can get to replace the missing ones. Aside from that, raising a dispute with Ebay by opening a new case. If you are graphically inclined, use the counter scans and Adobe Illustrator to create replacements. I have made a large number of counters over the years with great results, so give it a shot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Poskitt
Portugal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stephen - it's a sad but true fact that there are both unscrupulous buyers and sellers out there in wargame land. I sympathise with your disappointment, as I too have had some bad experiences. One time, I responded to a listing here on BGG and purchased Guderian's Blitzkrieg II (2001) Edition. When the game arrived, I opened it up to find only a set of punched (neatly done I must admit) counters ... nothing else, no maps, no charts, no rules ... just the counters.

I have other horror stories also.

Maybe you should have pointed out the missing 156 counters prior to the Full Refund with Paypal and seen what his response was?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Man on Fire
United States
Worthington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Games on fire
badge
Burning to play!
mbmbmbmbmb
If your 100% sure he tried to mess things up, maybe a few more counters should disappear. devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Naylor
United Kingdom
Keighley
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
dougposkitt wrote:

Maybe you should have pointed out the missing 156 counters prior to the Full Refund with Paypal and seen what his response was?

Hi Doug, this was indeed the mistake i made. I did accompany that very refund request with an enquiry but he ignored it. It was only after he'd refunded and i just happened to contact him again to express what a tragedy it was for what was otherwise a pristine game, that he admitted he still had the 156 chits. Its there in writing and ebay couldnt care less.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Naylor
United Kingdom
Keighley
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
[q="orcface999"]Check with COA before you send the game back, maybe they have counter sheets you can get to replace the missing ones. Aside from that, raising a dispute with Ebay by opening a new case.

Thanks Mike,COA is a nice idea but ebay now expect me to to return the game, even by their paying for the return postage (collect+), which, although preferable to their not doing so, to me supports this rogues actions. Thanks to your advice i am now trying to get them to demand of the seller the rest of the game, for which i will return his fee.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Naylor
United Kingdom
Keighley
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
dan_hnnng wrote:
If your 100% sure he tried to mess things up, maybe a few more counters should disappear. devil

Heheheh, this has occurred to me but thank you Dan whistle however i'd rather not do it to the game, hopefully someone down the line will prosper from it (wargamingly speaking).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Kulkis
United States
Royal Oak
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If you want, I can send you scans of both sides.

I don't punch my pieces.. I make my own counterset using photocopies glued onto chipboard. That way, if a piece gets lost, I can always replace it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Naylor
United Kingdom
Keighley
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi Aaron, that would be great if i were not so impractical myself. I still have the game mind you, have tried to talk the guy around whose still holding on to his 156 counters, but he last claimed he doesnt now believe there are the required 156 after all (no offer to send them either)........what can I say....(other than his teddy is clearly too far from the cot to retrieve). Anyhow, ebay and paypal have assured me I'm under no compulsion to return the game to him. Theyve washed their hands of the matter it seems. Ive considered sending it back to him of course but kind of feel obliged to see to it that such behaviour is not rewarded.

Shame your not U.K Aaron, nor me U.S. This copy might have had a future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.