Subject: Railcar Design (Position of Number) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Clarke
United Kingdom
Caithness
Scotland
flag msg tools

Have there been any thoughts or previous comments given to printing the railcar number in the corner of the card instead of the centre?

It seems that the trains can get quite long, and overlapping the cards would be a nice option to have.

Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Schwartz
United States
Jackson
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
www.therulesforge.com
badge
Get your slimy, webbed phalanges off ma boots!
mbmbmbmbmb
That would limit trains to only growing in one direction (defeating the purpose of the double-sided engine cards), unless you put the number on both upper corners.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Schrempp
United States
Atascadero
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Turn the cards 90 degrees, increase the size of the image and place the number on each end of the car, like the numbers on real cars.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Cannon
United States
ATLANTA
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FreedomGunfire wrote:
That would limit trains to only growing in one direction (defeating the purpose of the double-sided engine cards), unless you put the number on both upper corners.

I don't think having the cards go in one direction is a bad idea. More useful to be able to overlap the cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
robcannonsoftware wrote:
FreedomGunfire wrote:

I don't think having the cards go in one direction is a bad idea. More useful to be able to overlap the cards.

I disagree. I received an early prototype copy to play-test and the Engine cars faced right and we had to build our railcars going left.

For some reason it felt strange building left. That's when I made a suggestion about double sided Engine cars.

From our play-test group, I haven't heard anyone mention any qualms about where the numbers are positioned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.