Recommend
9 
 Thumb up
 Hide
88 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 

Android: Netrunner» Forums » General

Subject: Post your H&P card ratings! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not seeing an H&P card ratings thread yet.

Here are mine:
http://stimhack.com/alexfrogs-honor-and-profit-set-review/

Post your ratings and/or a link to your ratings articles!
What are the best cards in the set?
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian H
United States
Anacortes
Washington
flag msg tools
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Several were posted in the spoiler threads I believe, but thanks for this one.

EDIT: Also this: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1162088/honorprofit-very-pre...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
FirstName LastName
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I share all your sadness about Fast Track and I am really trying not to feel glum about the game overall.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lysander
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mb
Alexfrog wrote:

What are the best cards in the set?


Caprice Nisei?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian H
United States
Anacortes
Washington
flag msg tools
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
One note - On Bug you said:

Quote:
That said, if we ever get something that allows you to access a card when you expose it, that would be an amazing combo.


Note that Bug doesn't say "expose", it says "reveal".
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt - Conduit23
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Agree with your "state of Netrunner." Feel like they kind of dropped the ball with Spin Cycle. H&P will be the first ANR product I don't buy immediately, and I used to buy 2 of each thing they released, every month. Now I'll probably wait until 2 big boxes and 1 full cycle are out so I can buy them all at once on CSI with free shipping.. >.>
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dan dargenio
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
mdanuser wrote:
Agree with your "state of Netrunner." Feel like they kind of dropped the ball with Spin Cycle. H&P will be the first ANR product I don't buy immediately, and I used to buy 2 of each thing they released, every month. Now I'll probably wait until 2 big boxes and 1 full cycle are out so I can buy them all at once on CSI with free shipping.. >.>


While it's easy to say they dropped the ball with the Spin Cycle because of the lack of runner progress, the real ball-dropping happened in the core set. With cards like datasucker, parasite, yog, siphon, and desperado, it's hard to see how you progress that side of the board without introducing something degenerate.

(Rotate the core set!)
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Glenn
msg tools
mb
I think that express delivery is way better than it looks for anarch. For 1 influence, you get through 10% of your deck pretty quickly, and it leaves you plenty of money to play the card you got.

Criminal and shaper have tutors, and they're pretty influence heavy, restricting the rest of your deck. Anarch has the ability to say "OK, I can find a knight, or a parasite, or a medium/deja vu and now I can switch focus". Probably not for noise, but this looks great in Reina. Now I can push 3 siphon (or 2 siphon, 2 planned assault) and 3 express delivery, and find everything I need stat!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Jamet
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not fond of Guard. Too expensive for its break cost. I would have preferred:

Cost: 2 / Strength: 2
Guard cannot be bypassed.
If all subroutines on Guard are broken during a single encounter, trash Guard.
↳ End the run.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Perry
United States
La Jolla
California
flag msg tools
Woot!
badge
I have overtext!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Siphon is not a problem if you play against siphon. And playing against siphon (protecting HQ well) is good play with or without siphon. There are benefits to having a strong HQ outside of being safe from siphon.

I haven't been siphoned effectively in months (and only once in recent memory). My corp deck rarely loses to criminal (and when it does it's because of a stupid mistake I made or strong play by the runner, not because of siphon/emergency shutdown), I love the existence of Siphon because I know every criminal deck has it, and it's been a dead card for them for months (against me anyway!)

I can't comment on the brokenness of Astrosript or Parasite, as those have not been the focus of my play. Trolling criminals has been. And I'm loving it. I'm doing my part to make account siphon go away.

Carry on.
11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian H
United States
Anacortes
Washington
flag msg tools
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kinda seems like the fact that you have to build a deck around the existence of one card is pretty telling in and of itself.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Kelly
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Delaric wrote:
Boogie knights wrote:
I think that this card is way better than it looks for anarch. For 1 influence, you get through 10% of your deck pretty quickly, and it leaves you plenty of money to play the card you got.


What is "this card" ?


Express Delivery, I think.

Also I'd add a second question-mark to Alexfrog's rating for Window, because it could be an interesting addition to Motivation-Eureka-Oracle May decks: avoid disturbing the thing you're waiting to Eureka out by drawing from the bottom of the stack.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Perry
United States
La Jolla
California
flag msg tools
Woot!
badge
I have overtext!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MavericK96 wrote:
Kinda seems like the fact that you have to build a deck around the existence of one card is pretty telling in and of itself.


I don't have to do it. I could just play around it, just like I play around inside job, indexing, and other powerful events.

But wouldn't I take advantage of my knowledge of your deck? I get a twisted pleasure from shutting down siphon decks, because everyone "knows" that siphon is the strong most OP card in Netrunner.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rana Puer
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
we should totally all start playing cube draft on OCTGN.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Giovannetti
United States
Woodinville / Bothell Area
Washington
flag msg tools
Avatar
theodorelogan wrote:

I haven't been siphoned in months.


laugh

http://i.imgur.com/UmpOi.gif

Edit:
ranapuer wrote:
we should totally all start playing cube draft on OCTGN.


I have figured out how to do 1v1 cube draft with someone over skype with th cube lists I put up on netrunnerdb. We are still testing it out right now, but it shows promise.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
theodorelogan wrote:

I haven't been siphoned in months.


I havent been siphoned in the 5 weeks or so since I played a game.

But in that game I was siphoned.
12 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Hager
United States
Leesburg
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Alexfrog wrote:
I'm not seeing an H&P card ratings thread yet.

Here are mine:
http://stimhack.com/alexfrogs-honor-and-profit-set-review/

Post your ratings and/or a link to your ratings articles!
What are the best cards in the set?


I couldn't agree more with your musings on the way the game is going now. I complain about how AS and FA decks are just getting boosted more and more, and my friends think I'm full of it. I'm just through the first part of your post, but wanted to comment on that.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Swaner
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
I agree on a lot of this, but:

I think you're wrong on Express Delivery. I don't think of it as a card to replace any Criminal tutors, but rather as a replacement for Quality Time/Diesel to free up influence. Taken that way it isn't half bad because, let's be honest, when you QT with Andy you are normally looking for one or two pieces of your super rig (Sucker, Desperado, Masanori, or Hostage to get Masanori).

Tri-Maf is my other niggle. It is a Criminal version of Magnum Opus, and it can be tutored using Hostage. That's not too bad, considering how Opus is widely considered a very good econ card. Most decks are also playing 2-3 Plascrete. I see having it as a 1-of and play it when you have extra Plascrete or suspect they don't have Scorched combo. You're then looking at some good, repeatable econ that can juice you up for power runs.

Are the Express Delivery/Tri-Maf 5's? Hell no. But they aren't 0 and 2.5, in my opinion. Solid 3's.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Frisk
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
MIND|GAMES
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Orbital Tangent wrote:


Are the Express Delivery/Tri-Maf 5's? Hell no. But they aren't 0 and 2.5, in my opinion. Solid 3's.


I'm with you on Tri-Maf. I'm going to put 1 in my Andy deck (with hostage) and basically won't plan to play it vs. nbn.

Express Delivery however, is in fact garbage. If you had nothing else to put in your deck, I could see it as in faction deck "thinning", but there's so many other good criminal cards to play... I wouldn't play this if it cost 0.

Please turn off your "but you have to consider faction & influence" arguments for a second

You know how no-one is complaining about how OP Diesel is? This card costs money, only digs one deeper, and only lets you keep 1 card instead of 3.

Basically, this card is better than diesel ONLY when specifically the 4th card out of the top 4 of your deck is the one you want.

Maybe there are some specific decks that want it, but my guess is that if you want power drawing, you might as well pony up for Quality Time, a card that is "click equivalent" neutral ($3, 1 click and 1 card for 5 cards), vs this card - which is net loss of 2 click equivalents (a dollar and a click).

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Chandler
United States
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
theodorelogan wrote:

I haven't been siphoned in months.


C'mon Vince... I siphoned you last Thursday at At Ease...
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Trimaf I downgraded because of the risk. I think its going to bite people sometimes.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Orbital Tangent wrote:


Are the Express Delivery/Tri-Maf 5's? Hell no. But they aren't 0 and 2.5, in my opinion. Solid 3's.


Trimaf being 2.5 or a 3 is pretty similar.

Express Delivery I really do think is weak though. Just doesnt do very much.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Swaner
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
I understand where you're coming from, Frisk, but I like that I can just pop ED off without really caring about having to discard or waiting for the chance to use it as a hand-refill like I do with QT. I view the fact that you aren't keeping the cards as a mixed blessing, not a drawback.

I know you're also saying I should turn of the influence argument, but I can't. That's part of my point: There isn't better Event-based in-faction draw for Criminal. This gets me two janky QT's in my deck and then lets me splash Levy to reset my stack if something goes horribly wrong.

Who knows, though... I'm not much better than average at this game. Maybe you're right. I'll test and report back.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynk Fox
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
http://anrcrazydeck.blogspot.com/2014/04/honor-and-profit-ba...


I'm back to blogging, now that I'm back into the game. Bad Deck, Challenge the Meta, things that don't work here we come!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Perry
United States
La Jolla
California
flag msg tools
Woot!
badge
I have overtext!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
djc6535 wrote:
theodorelogan wrote:

I haven't been siphoned in months.


C'mon Vince... I siphoned you last Thursday at At Ease...


Ouch! Haha yes you did. You got me there. I meant to add effectively (sorry I added that in my post last time!) I still had plenty of money. Though you might have a different opinion of how effective it was (you did win the game after all ) I definitely deserved to be called out though!

Sorry, I have to come in to all these threads and encourage people try different play against siphon and I mispoke in this one. I've edited the previous post. Didn't mean to denigrate your play or dis you (and in the previous post above it was your game I was directly referring to)!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.