Subject: All my honor and profit rules questions! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Chandler
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now that H&P is out I figured I'd combine all my ruling questions in one place. See if I can't get everything settled at once. Here goes:

Komainu: Does Femme Fatale bypass Komainu for free, no matter how many cards are in your hand? Komainu doesn't get its subroutines until it is encountered. Does that mean that it gaining any subroutines
is equivalent to Tollbooth taking away 3 creds.. ie: Femme happens first?

Philotic Entanglement: Does Deus X prevent ALL damage, or is Philotic Entanglement's damage done one at a time for each agenda in the runner's score pile?

Susanoo No Mikoto and Inazuma: I've seen this question asked elsewhere but I didn't see a solid answer.. do we have one? If the runner hits Susanoo, getting bounced to R&D (or hits Inazuma and doesn't break) must the runner access cards? Susanoo's language seems a bit more specific here: "The runner cannot jack out until after he or she encounters a piece of ice" while Inazuma says "The runner cannot jack out until after encountering the next piece of ice". If there is no ice to encounter, or the corp does not rez any more ice, does this turn into a whirlpool?

Logos When Jinteki PE scores an agenda, which happens first? The card draw from Logos or the net damage? If I have no cards in hand can Logos save me?

Overmind I get a power counter on overmind for each unused MU... does this happen before Overmind consumes 1 MU, or after? If Overmind is the very first thing I ever install, do I put 4 counters on it or 3? (Assuming I'm not Chaos Theory)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian H
United States
Anacortes
Washington
flag msg tools
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
djc6535 wrote:

Susanoo No Mikoto and Inazuma: I've seen this question asked elsewhere but I didn't see a solid answer.. do we have one? If the runner hits Susanoo, getting bounced to R&D (or hits Inazuma and doesn't break) must the runner access cards? Susanoo's language seems a bit more specific here: "The runner cannot jack out until after he or she encounters a piece of ice" while Inazuma says "The runner cannot jack out until after encountering the next piece of ice". If there is no ice to encounter, or the corp does not rez any more ice, does this turn into a whirlpool?

This one was just answered...if there is no ICE (or no ICE that the corp chooses to rez) after both Inazuma or Susanoo, the runner still cannot jack out and must access cards.

Source

djc6535 wrote:

Overmind I get a power counter on overmind for each unused MU... does this happen before Overmind consumes 1 MU, or after? If Overmind is the very first thing I ever install, do I put 4 counters on it or 3? (Assuming I'm not Chaos Theory)

Also answered...would be 3 counters, as the installed MU is taken up before the counters are placed.

Quote:
When you install Overmind, you add one hosted power counter for each unused MU. Thus, if your base MU is four, and Overmind is your first installed program, it comes into play with three power counters.

Source
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Finkel
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
djc6535 wrote:
Now that H&P is out I figured I'd combine all my ruling questions in one place. See if I can't get everything settled at once. Here goes:

Komainu: Does Femme Fatale bypass Komainu for free, no matter how many cards are in your hand? Komainu doesn't get its subroutines until it is encountered. Does that mean that it gaining any subroutines
is equivalent to Tollbooth taking away 3 creds.. ie: Femme happens first?

Huh, sure looks like it. Hadn't noticed that.

Quote:
Philotic Entanglement: Does Deus X prevent ALL damage, or is Philotic Entanglement's damage done one at a time for each agenda in the runner's score pile?

"For each" in this game is simultaneous, as I learned when arguing about Aggressive Secretary back in the day. Deus X also prevents all of the damage from Project Junebug, which is similarly worded.

Quote:

Word from Lukas says you gotta take the successful run.

Quote:
Logos When Jinteki PE scores an agenda, which happens first? The card draw from Logos or the net damage? If I have no cards in hand can Logos save me?

Assuming it's Jinteki's turn, the damage goes first. If Jinteki scores it via Plan B on the runner turn, Logos goes first.

Quote:

After Overmind takes its MU. You'll normally get 3 counters if you installed it as your first action of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.