Ryan King
United States
Stockbridge
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't seem to find the significance of hills. Are they just for reinforcements and we use the other terrain for everything else? The map says see 19.3 but that rule has nothing to do with hills or terrain.

Pretty cool game so far. I like to have a few solo games that don't take 4 hours to play/set up. Hope to post this in the Solitaire Game of the Month geek list after a few plays and maybe see some more people get interested in it. The two rule books were pretty clumsy, having to read a rule here, then read the real rule in the 2nd book. Luckily, most rules are on the map itself, which is one thing I really love! Counters where barely punched like DDaOB, but the rounder fixed them so they look a bit better. Counters could have been labeled easier as to what they are, but not a big deal. With the popularity of solo games and Decision being the publisher of one of the biggest solo games at the moment, im surprised they didn't try to put a bit more into it and try to capture some of that DDaOB crowd. I guess it's ok since the game is only about 15 dollars....a steal!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Swan
Australia
Randwick
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To me the main effect of hills is that once Suribachi has fallen, US units being shelled by Japanese artillery have two dice rolled against them if there's a Japanese-occupied hill in their sector, otherwise it's only one die. This has been a major guiding force in my strategy so far, i.e. clear the hills as quickly as possible and don't hang about in sectors with Japanese-occupied hills. That artillery is brutal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Whyte
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Change the map reference of 19.3 to 21.3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.