Nathan Worcester
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am helping to run a 'modern' board game night at Triple Crossing Brewing Company in Richmond, VA beginning next Tuesday 5/6. The brewery has given me a small budget in which I have bought some of the more 'mainstream' games including Catan, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders, Pandemic and Ticket to Ride. But feel free to bring your own games as well!

Best of all, free pint glasses will be given to each game winner for the first event.

Triple Crossing Brewing is located at 113 South Foushee Street in Downtown Richmond. Hope to see you there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg S.
United States
North Chesterfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Richmond, VA - 5/6 - "Boards & Beers" @ Triple Crossing Brewing Company
Hi Nathan,

A couple of questions:

1. What time does this start?
2. What time does it end?
3. Is the plan to hold this every week? Every other week? Once a month?
4. Is the plan to always run it on Tuesdays?
5. I have not been to Triple Crossing Brewing Company. Where are you meeting (the main area, some side room, etc)?

Thanks,
Gregg
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Worcester
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Guess I should have provided a little more info.

1&2. We plan to start at 6pm until closing at 9pm.
3. Right now the plan is every other week but that may change to weekly if demand is high enough.
4. The actual 'event' will always run on Tuesdays, but there is nothing stopping you from playing games in the taproom any night.
5. Triple Crossing is fairly small so we will be playing on the tables in the main area.

Hope to see you out there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Grant
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like a good event. I have gone ahead a set a Meetup on the Richmond Board Game group.

How is your parking situation? All the google imagery for the area is at least three years out of date.

How small is "small"? I can adjust the meetup attendee limit accordingly, but I figure if you are announcing on BGG you are prepared for the worst(best?).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Worcester
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great, thanks for setting that up!

There are a handful of parking spots behind the brewery that are available after 5pm. The rest is street parking around the area.

I believe the capacity of the tasting room is around 80, so we could probably support about 40 gamers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Grant
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Little late posting this here, but I went to check things out Saturday. I spoke with Adam about the facilities and most importantly parking. He said there were a few risky spots right outside, so I put together a parking map. Red is risky and green is good to go.

I didn't scout out and mark any street parking on Foushee or Canal, but it should vaguely marked as Richmond City is wont to do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volsted Gridban

Richmond
Virginia
msg tools
Went to this last night. Had a good time. Good beer, good games, good folks. A++. Would game and beer again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Worcester
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
volsted wrote:
Went to this last night. Had a good time. Good beer, good games, good folks. A++. Would game and beer again.

Glad to hear you had a good time! I am hoping it is the first of many and the event continues to grow. Right now the plan is to have the event the first and 3rd Tuesdays of the month. So our next "official" event will be next Tuesday May 20th.

However, the games that the brewery purchases are available to play at any time so feel free to stop by and play at any time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volsted Gridban

Richmond
Virginia
msg tools
Re: Richmond, VA - "Boards & Beers" @ Triple Crossing Brewing Company (1st & 3rd Tuesdays each Month)
This is happening again tomorrow night, if you're in the Richmond area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Foxwell
United States
Glen Allen
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Richmond, VA - "Boards & Beers" @ Triple Crossing Brewing Company (1st & 3rd Tuesdays each Month)
Is it a hard stop at 9? Sometimes games can run a bit over.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Grant
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Neolarthytep wrote:

No it is not. The brewery states a closing time of 9pm, but there is some wind down time. Last time I was there I believe I left around 9:30 and there were still some people milling around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Foxwell
United States
Glen Allen
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
apeling wrote:
Neolarthytep wrote:

No it is not. The brewery states a closing time of 9pm, but there is some wind down time. Last time I was there I believe I left around 9:30 and there were still some people milling around.

Awesome see you tonight

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Worcester
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI - Due to the World Cup match, this week's event (7/1) will start an hour later and run from 7-10pm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Worcester
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wanted to bump this up for any newcomers. There is another meetup tomorrow night (Sept 16).

We tend to average between 10-25 gamers so there are generally several games going on at a time. Feel free to check out my collection and let me know if there is anything you'd like to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Sayre
China
Shanghai
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just moved to Richmond and glad to see this event. Is it still going strong with a pretty consistent 10+ turnout?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Worcester
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to RVA!

Yes the event is still going on and generally gets a good turnout of anywhere from 15-30 people. There is an event this coming Tuesday, Nov 18. Hope to see you there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Sayre
China
Shanghai
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantastic! I plan on being there.

Do people often show up early by any chance? I'd love to get more than 3 hours in!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Worcester
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never gotten there any earlier, but the brewery opens at 4 so maybe you could find someone else interested in playing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Sayre
China
Shanghai
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick replies! See you on Tuesday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Worcester
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI for any newcomers, this event has moved to every Tuesday night.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grayson
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
"Goes to show, you don't ever know, Watch each card you play and play it slow..."
badge
Charles Stoddart (artwork from Pax Pamir 2e)
mbmbmbmbmb
"To mark the 1 year anniversary of Triple Crossing, the owners have decided to spice things up for this week's event. First off they are going to stay open a little later and offer extended gaming hours from 4-10pm. There will also be a raffle drawing for a Triple Crossing prize pack to all gamers. Finally, they are willing to expand the in-house gaming collection by adding 1-2 new games."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Bjork

Virginia
msg tools
Hi. I moved to Richmond about a year ago. Is this weekly event still going on? If so, how many folks show up? How many games are typically all played at the same time?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grayson
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
"Goes to show, you don't ever know, Watch each card you play and play it slow..."
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Still going on weekly. During the winter and spring we were getting around 15-25 people, usually 4 or 5 games at least. Last couple of weeks have been slower with the good weather, I'd say around 10-15 people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Sutton
msg tools
Whats the red parking area mean by at your own risk?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grayson
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chaz2132005 wrote:
Whats the red parking area mean by at your own risk?

It's not affiliated with Triple Crossing and they are much more apt to tow you. They still have staff at their building past 6pm so they are more likely to check is why. The long green lot is TCB's, and the squarish one next to it we've never had problems with after 6pm which is why those are marked as such. Free street parking (since it's after 6pm you don't feed the meter downtown) is also generally available on Cary st a block up if you can't find anything in either of the green areas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.